Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ragtime67

Is Flight Op's expecting any major changes in work rules or pay? I had heard that the Gateway may be going away, is there any truth to that piece of gosip?

We're just as much in the dark about that as you are. We even had newhires telling US about the training contract - then the CP issued an email a couple of weeks later letting the rest of us know. You're best bet is to find somebody that has interviewed or gone through training recently...maybe they will know the answer.

Don't know if the Gateway is going away. I have heard that newhires are being given a list of 50 cities to choose from as far as domiciles. Wether or not if existing pilots will be forced to comply with this remains to be seen.

Last edited:
cosmotheassman said:
Do they start you out in the beechjet regardless? I've got 600 hours in a hawker 800. does that make a difference?

cosmo
1. BJ, Citation or Kingair. 2. No

cosmotheassman said:
Do they start you out in the beechjet regardless? I've got 600 hours in a hawker 800. does that make a difference?
Doesn't matter if you designed and built every Hawker flying....you would end up starting in the small cabin aircraft. Seniority occasionally works for us.

Frac Daddy said:
Don't know if the Gateway is going away. I have heard that newhires are being given a list of 50 cities to choose from as far as domiciles. Wether or not if existing pilots will be forced to comply with this remains to be seen.
Hey Frac.

Could you post, the list of the 50 cities, for all of us to see?
If not, is Las Vegas one of the cities?

Hey Frac.

If not, is L...as Vegas one of the cities

Sorry dude FLOPS is not telling us dumb ol pilots ANYTHING! All we get are rumors.......anyone who has interviewed in the last 6 months knows more than most pilots that have been here for years.....sorry i wish we knew something but we dont....

Last edited:
GooseHZ said:
Hey Frac.

If not, is L...as Vegas one of the cities

Sorry dude FLOPS is not telling us dumb ol pilots ANYTHING! All we here are rumors.......anyone who has interviewed in the last 6 months knows more than most pilots that have been here for years.....sorry i wish we knew something but we dont....
Bummer. Still sounds like a better place to work than NetJets?

Are there any new hires or recent interviewee's that can post any new information that FLOP"S is feeding them. I am interested most in Gateway, or the gosip about 50 city's to select from as a domicile. Are they requireing new hires to relocate or simply select the base that is close to where you choose to live. I must say, I like the idea of working for a frac, as long as I would not have to move, but that apears to be the trend in that end of the industry. I spoke to a Net Jets guy who said they TA'd the RC the company wanted in hopes of getting the money the pilots want,but he thought that the RC requirement would not last because it would be a sticking point for many new hires. I checked into Citation Shares and they require a pilot to live within 90 min's of a base.

One other question for you FLOP's guys and gals. How do you feel about working without a union? Is it like working without a net? or do you have a decent enough relationship with management that there is not a need for one? Just wondering.

Latest resources

Back