• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Schedule...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. Possibly. They change waht they want when they want. If they can not handle it they change things to make it easier for themselves.

Why you ask? Stay far,far away from this place.

Remember "Run Forest run". That's all I have to say about that.

Its the next 1130pm berry email from Uncle Joe..

Due to company operations being effected due to crew's days off. We are implementing the following SOP change. Only a crew scheduler can release you. No more 8 on 7 off. If we need you-you stay! Pretty simple folks, Have a good time on the road and be sure to get to the FBO ASAP

send in your card or you may be the next guy mgt folk can "massage".

Flight Options is not hiring. The last hiring was August of 2004. Nine pilots were hired at that time. Domicile policy is changing. What the change is, well, we will see. Management has not communicated the nature of the change as yet, but the pilots expect that tier three airports will go away and tier two airports are under the micorscope.

There is an on-going SOP revision discussion at Flight Options. Bottom line, no matter the fractional, you will work and work hard as a line pilot.

Grim Reaper said:
Flight Options is not hiring. The last hiring was August of 2004. Nine pilots were hired at that time. Domicile policy is changing. What the change is, well, we will see. Management has not communicated the nature of the change as yet, but the pilots expect that tier three airports will go away and tier two airports are under the micorscope.

There is an on-going SOP revision discussion at Flight Options. Bottom line, no matter the fractional, you will work and work hard as a line pilot.

I think you need to say "abused" in the case of Options. Be prepared to have a change in the SOP between the time you go to bed and the time you get the wake up call.

Dep676 said:
I think you need to say "abused" in the case of Options. Be prepared to have a change in the SOP between the time you go to bed and the time you get the wake up call.

Man, I hope you are looking elsewhere - I think CHQ is hiring onto the 170 - that wouldn't be too bad an option... COEX is hiring big time as well. Good luck.

On Your Six said:
Man, I hope you are looking elsewhere - I think CHQ is hiring onto the 170 - that wouldn't be too bad an option... COEX is hiring big time as well. Good luck.

I think that 75% or more of the pilots there are looking. No thanks on the airlines.

more like 90-95% here in training. everyone is looking, updating and a couple even have interviews. first chance i get ...

dash_trash said:
more like 90-95% here in training. everyone is looking, updating and a couple even have interviews. first chance i get ...

I was going to say about 90%. Didn't want some nay sayer to prove it.

In a commerical (for profit) aviation setting, pilot porductivity and cost control have been, are, and will be a management focus. More and more the pilots are expected to work for their money. Speaking with a United Airline 737 captain is discovered that he is getting nine hours in the hotel and five legs a day. The average United 737 captain is not walking in high cotten and living the dream and he for sure is not making MEGA, MEGA dollars anymore.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back