Flight Options questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe,

Been home on standby for two tours now, and have vacation next tour. All said and done, it'll be close to two months off. I'm bored off my mind, and it wouldn't hurt to stay in the books a little bit! I'm good at brain dumping, so if it gets to be too much, I'll just dump it and worry about it after my vacation!!

Yes, it'll probably affect pay. They'll make a little less per month. Don't know for sure how much.

Staying home on standby doesn't happen very often (to me) at all. This is my first time in almost two years with the company. The person I fly with was on vacation first tour and called in sick for the first four days of last tour. Since I didn't have anyone to fly with, I guess they decided to keep me at home. No complaints from me.

Usually sent out on day one and stay out all eight days. Unless your airplane goes into a heavy check or needs new engines, etc. you'll stay out all eight days.

Last edited:
Talking to the task force people, if we go to an 8/8 schedule, we will not take a pay cut, the company will save money with less airlines, plus they are also looking at giving everyone an extra $600 per month and get rid of the Cleveland domicile deal, this way after taxes you end up with an extra $400, the reason behind giving everyone this deal is so that not one group gets it anymore and so that when they get rid of the CLE domicile, the people that are doing it won't get jipped

overtime

:D If you are in the new beechjet or 800xp program, you are not tail # assigned and able to work all the days you want. Last week I ran into a xp=cpt that was on day 25. I did hear that one of our pilots last year did over 45k in overtime and they where trying to watch that it didn't happen again.

OVERTIME and Pilots pre acft

A scheduling system with non specific tail numbers requires more pilots per aircraft than currently assigned to either the TA Beechjet or XP fleets. That is why the bid lines are open for eight Beechjet captains and XP bids are expected

Bidding notwithstanding, a higher pilot per acft ratio equals possible overtime until hiring catches up with the pilot requirement.

The TA Beechjet fleet has the most pressing pilot shortage followed closely by the XP fleet.

Here's a question for ya-

I had been offered a 800XP class date at Options of 6/99 but took another job that didn;t require commuting. Just out of curiosity, what aircraft/seat would I be able to hold with a hire date of 6/99?

Ty,

We didn't have 800XPs in 1999. We got our first 800XPs with the Travel Air merger. You were probably offered the 800A.

Anyway, if you had taken the job there would be two scenarios. Pre-merger you would have held Hawker or Citation III PIC. Post-merger, you would hold small cabin PIC.

There are guys who stayed in the small cabins when their seniority held mid-cabins, but they didn't bid the mids. If they had bid mid-cabin before the merger, they would have been awarded the bid. Since they didn't bid the mid-cabin before the merger, they lost numbers and now can only hold small cabin PIC after the merger. Hope this helps some....

I would swear up and down that Chris Scully, who was the Hawker fleet manager at the time, told me I would be going for the Hawker 800XP., and my class was 6/99. Mayy be they were planning on getting them at the time.

Funny thing- when I went to recurrent the following year at FSI (ILG) the receptionist looked me up in the computer, and said, "Oh, you're here for Hawker initial" which was pretty funny- evidently, they had never told FSI I wouldn't be attending.

Hey Ty, I think I lied to you. My previous information was based on an early 2000 hire date. With a mid-June of 1999 hire date, you'd probably hold Hawker or Citation III even after the merger.

I wasn't around then, maybe they were planning on getting the XPs. Perhaps some of the more senior Options guys could answer that.

Hey everyone, I am curious to know something about Flight Options. I am a furloughed BE200 driver (135 current) and am looking into Options. I am only 22 however and the requirments on the website say "ATP Requirments" whick means 23. I meet all other requirments. Now the feds have told me that I can be issued an ATP, I just cant practice it till I am 23, which is a year away. Would options look at this and be willing to work around it if they are interested in me? thanks in advance!!!!!

Avrat:D :cool: :eek:

Latest resources

Back