Flight Options Paycut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Santa Clause

Merry Christams to all you Flight Options Guys and Gals out there. First of all I want to thank you for working so hard during the holidays, especially through peak travel. Your doing a great job busting your behinds and taking care of the owners, Loading their 200 lb suitcases, golf clubs, that won't even fit in the airplane, ect... I just want you to know that I've been watching and taking names. This year for Christmas I've decided to give you a special present. I hope you enjoy it. This year you get an accross the board paycut. Thats right. Not just some of you. Since everybody has been working so hard. Everybody gets it. Meeerrrry Christmmmaaaas. Keep up the hard work. Meeerrryyy Christamaaaass... Ho ho ho...

Santa

They took away per-diem for our vacation and sick days. We used to get paid per-diem when we were on vacation or used sick days. Also got it paid if we were at home on STBY. Not anymore. Supposedly some IRS tax code doesn't allow it. Don't know about the IRS tax code for sure yet.

Sounds like something out of that Bad Santa movie, except without the chick from Gilmore Girls.

Hope the cut doesn't hit you guys too badly (yeah I know, wishful thinking).

Yeah, bummer about the paycut. Oh, by the way, I heard from a Beechjet check airman two days ago we are sold. The official announcement is supposed to be made in January. He didn't know to whom, but it's a done deal. When you finish shopping for your Christmas presents, start shopping for a job!!

Talked to our PM last tour to resolve an issue, and he said things are going to go from bad to worse, give it a few months. Sounds like it will come to fruition after the first of the year. Merry Christmas guys (and gals), here's a good hard kick to sack.

SheGaveMeClap said:
Talked to our PM last tour to resolve an issue, and he said things are going to go from bad to worse, give it a few months. Sounds like it will come to fruition after the first of the year. Merry Christmas guys (and gals), here's a good hard kick to sack.
I find it hard to believe your PM would tell you that. Hell, I find it hard to believe that the PM's would know anything more than we do. Do you honestly think that management would tell the PM's something like that when they have no need to know? Which fleet are you in - new or used? I know both PM's, and I would like to call to see if they repeat this supposed information.

Starman said:
I bet you'se guys are wishin' you'd sent in your cards now.
I bet you guys wish you had a decent MEC that got you a good contract...but that didn't happen, did it?

I'd be willing to bet that if there were a Union vote now...even if it is the slimebag Teamsters...it would pass with a large margin. Unfortunately, there has been no push lately...so no cards going in.

Look for us to start an independent local under the IBT catering to nothing but fractional pilots in the next couple of months. ASAP - Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots. Our own local focused on fractional pilot issues. NetJets pilots will be the founding group of pilots but we want all fractional pilots to join us. This industry is about to become a profession rather than just a stepping stone.

Latest resources

Back