• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Flight Options "Hawker Belly"

leardawg

Total Time
13800+
Just an observation for you FLOPS guys. 6 months after getting hired there, I discovered I had put on 10-15 lbs. Was weighed last week, 6 months after leaving, and have lost that weight! I haven't done anything different all that time other than to get hired and leave. It's the catering and lifestyle, I tell ya! Food for thought! (No pun, uh, yeah, pun intended).

On Your Six

Total Time
leardawg said:
Just an observation for you FLOPS guys. 6 months after getting hired there, I discovered I had put on 10-15 lbs. Was weighed last week, 6 months after leaving, and have lost that weight! I haven't done anything different all that time other than to get hired and leave. It's the catering and lifestyle, I tell ya! Food for thought! (No pun, uh, yeah, pun intended).

What do you do now - are you a fitness instructor or do you still fly? Was it purely the lifestyle or was it a low morale/comfort eating situation?

leardawg

Total Time
13800+
On Your Six said:
What do you do now - are you a fitness instructor or do you still fly? Was it purely the lifestyle or was it a low morale/comfort eating situation?

I'm flying corporate/charter; home most eves, easier pace, get to chose what I eat is a big part of it I guess. I don't work out. I didn't pig out at FLOPS, but there has got to be some direct correlation there.

I was on my way to joining the Dickie Do club (where my belly sticks out farther than my Dickie Do!).

choppengruven

Total Time
Years
There's some truth to that statement. Working 14 hours a day and being too wore out to excercise at the end of every day plays a major part. I have been having the same problem and I give most of my meals away.

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
Total Time
5700?
I prefer to think of it as a purely religeous beer induced syndrome.

cjdriver

I was in the Hawker for a year and found you couldn't maintain a balanced lifestyle at all. You worked 14 on, 10 off, no time for exercise, and you had to eat what was available. God help you if you didn't get a good nights sleep, you paid for it all week. I bailed to a 91 job where I'm home most nights, and got a raise. I don't know how you guys keep it up year after year, my hat's off to you.