Flight Options "Hawker Belly"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

leardawg

Just an observation for you FLOPS guys. 6 months after getting hired there, I discovered I had put on 10-15 lbs. Was weighed last week, 6 months after leaving, and have lost that weight! I haven't done anything different all that time other than to get hired and leave. It's the catering and lifestyle, I tell ya! Food for thought! (No pun, uh, yeah, pun intended).

leardawg said:
Just an observation for you FLOPS guys. 6 months after getting hired there, I discovered I had put on 10-15 lbs. Was weighed last week, 6 months after leaving, and have lost that weight! I haven't done anything different all that time other than to get hired and leave. It's the catering and lifestyle, I tell ya! Food for thought! (No pun, uh, yeah, pun intended).

What do you do now - are you a fitness instructor or do you still fly? Was it purely the lifestyle or was it a low morale/comfort eating situation?

On Your Six said:
What do you do now - are you a fitness instructor or do you still fly? Was it purely the lifestyle or was it a low morale/comfort eating situation?

I'm flying corporate/charter; home most eves, easier pace, get to chose what I eat is a big part of it I guess. I don't work out. I didn't pig out at FLOPS, but there has got to be some direct correlation there.

I was on my way to joining the Dickie Do club (where my belly sticks out farther than my Dickie Do!).

There's some truth to that statement. Working 14 hours a day and being too wore out to excercise at the end of every day plays a major part. I have been having the same problem and I give most of my meals away.

I was in the Hawker for a year and found you couldn't maintain a balanced lifestyle at all. You worked 14 on, 10 off, no time for exercise, and you had to eat what was available. God help you if you didn't get a good nights sleep, you paid for it all week. I bailed to a 91 job where I'm home most nights, and got a raise. I don't know how you guys keep it up year after year, my hat's off to you.

Latest resources

Back