Flight Options Accident?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flydog

Is that how you address fellow crewmembers as morons, Flydog?

HAve you ever commanded a jet...I dont mean fly it stick and rudder....I dont mean sole manipulator...I mean PIC. Aircraft Commander.

SOP

Safety Check:

I am sure that Flight Options POI is very involved in making any required changes in procedures and SOP following the accident, just like when any other certificate holder has an accident.

Anyone see the AIN article

Anyone read the AIN article about the Flight Options Accident?

Reiteration

The article in Aviation International News about the Flight Options accident (s) seems to be just a re-iteration of the NTSB report. It did not seem to provide any new information about the accidents.

The article does seem to show, however, some sort of bias by Aviation International News against Flight Options... I did not take notice of any articles about the NetJets accident in Leakey TX....having said that, last month they did have a blurb in there about that accident...without many detailed facts.

Interesting!

Jetz:

AIN gets their info straight from the NTSB. If you have read both reports, you'll notice that the report on 397QS is very short and does not have a whole lot of info. This is a typical NTSB preliminary report. On the other hand, the FlOps preliminary report goes into much greater detail, so there is more of a story to write in AIN.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what a preliminary NTSB report should look like. Just read several of them and you'll see a wide variation in how much info is there and how it is displayed.

Why on earth would the NTSB and AIN be biased against FlOps? Or toward NJA for that matter?

Thankfully nobody was hurt badly in either accident. "There but for the grace of God go I".

Toploader

Clearly the NTSB is not bias

I think he was saying not that the NTSB is biased...obviously....but that the magazine Aviation International tends to show somewhat of a bias.

No, the NTSB report on the Net Jets accident is not shorter because of anything OTHER than the fact that the Netjets guys didnt sit there and sing like canaries in front of the investigators.

On the other hand, the Flight Options crew was doing just that... singing like canaries. I think they would have done well to use common sense and keep the lip zipped until they got some legal advice. Not only did these guys show their lack of experience by making rookie mistakes, but then they made the even bigger error of making comments that incriminated them for all of the world to see from now until eternity on the internet.

They will never do that again.

Poor guys.

Liability / Negligence

Discussing with my "cronies" this Flight Options accident, we were debating the possibility that the owners of this particular airframe could sue the pilots for negligence. Think about it...they want to recover the value of the airframe, and the pax will probably want to sue for mental anguish, pain and suffering, etc.

Not to mention what the company probably wants to do to those poor guys who made this error.

What kind of insurance is available to fractional pilots to cover them in the event that all of the 1/16th owners, (or whatever fraction is sold on that airframe) want to go after the pilots to be made whole?

I have never heard of an airline or any other type of commercial pilot being personally sued for their actions during a crash. Maybe it has happened but insurance companies and airlines have a lot deeper pockets than working stiff pilots. Most guys that I know that are flying at the fractionals dont exactly have a house in Aspen and a Mercedes in the garage.

I also think its time to let this one go SafetyCheck. I dont know what your agenda is with Flight Options but this isnt the first time someone screwed up and god knows there have been far bigger screwups that killed an awful lot of people in the history of aviation.

If this topic interests you and want to save the world from any further aviation accidents why dont you check out job opportunities at the NTSB. That might satisfy your morbid curiosity in aviation tragedies.

Latest resources

Back