Flight Ops update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
120 hrs - no problem

For most of last year I was flying 120hrs/month +/- it was a 4 nite a week scheduled 135 operation. in 4 weeks/16 days it would be 117 hrs scheduled. One month I got nearly 130 hrs. It was a good way to get a lot of jet time quickly (that I could then sell to EJA) but I wouldn't reccomend it as a steady diet.

Yes, I know of the 135 time limits on an annual basis but the operation didn't last that long.

tj

Yep. Two years sounds about right on the upgrade. Three sounds little excessive. Merging of the seniority lists should be finalized this summer.

A good friend of mine hired on with Options in February of 2001. He was just awarded captain in April. He was on the line for about 13 months before he upgraded, nowhere near two or three years.

Lots of airplanes on the way, upgrades won't take long.

It's true.

Well, all I know is that on the RTA side of the fence, we have former Beechjet captains that were not senior enough to hold a captain line at Options. The most senior of that group was hired July 2000.( How do I know this? I am one of them.) So, yes upgrades are close to two years. Don't know how the intergration of the seniority lists will affect upgrades, but don't be shocked if it is two years; especially in the larger airframes. Sill one of the best jobs our there. Fly safe.

Frac,

I've got a friend of mine that was flying a Hawker for RTA and at the time of the merger she was downgraded to F/O and she says the same thing you're saying, but, possibly longer to get her seat back.

About two years...

I have been at Options for a year and am expecting to upgrade no sooner then the end of the year. If I upgrade within 18 months I will be very surprised. However, I can't see it taking more then 2 years to upgrade.... if I had to put money on it I would bet on the 2 yr. number. Still a great job! I fly with a great Captain and if it was not for the money I would stay right seat with him well beyond 2 yrs.

TYPO

I meant to say Options is STILL a good company to work for. (Not SILL.) Honestly, I fly better than I can type.:D

Unhappy pilots

Well, to you people at Flight Options, it sounds like you have a large bunch of unhappy pilots.

Someone posted a link to your pilot's bulletin board on the thread about the Flight Options Accident(s). Upon reading, it seems there is much animosity and hatred over there....what is going on at your company?

-Turbanhead.

Ignorant Board

The boardhost discussion group is a group of less then 10 people who have no idea what they are talking about. Everyone reads it for the entertainment value but the content is not worth my time. This discussion group is by far WAY more intelligent then what is posted on the boardhost board. In fact the boardhost discussion is pretty much a big "Pro-Union" forum for the Teamsters and there reps to try to convince all of us that our job stinks and that management is out to get us. (really don't want to get into that discussion). Anyways, you most definately have to take that board with a grain of salt because it does not even come close to representing the attitude of the pilot group.

Just my 2 cents...

Latest resources

Back