Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
How many hours do you build per month average? What state are you in?

Thanks,

TA

I live in Wisconsin (cold, grey, icing, etc.) and fly about 60 hours a month in the winter and 80-110 per month in the summer. It is sure better than not flying at all, though. I'm lucky.

Now if I could just get these students to stop trying to make high wings low wings I could live a little easier.

Hours Flown

I'm doing about 60 on average per month through the winter here in Atlanta. The summer may run a little higher, but we don't have as many VFR days as Florida and there are only so many IFR students to go around. I'm hoping, though, that this summer will ramp up. I remember pre 9/11 80 to 100 hours was not uncommon during the summer. We are, by the way, a 61 school.

Take care,
~Flyer7sa

Part 61 School in Concord, NC

Winter 60-70hrs
Summer 80-110hrs

Time building

I flew an average of 78 hours a month during my first year at Riddle in Arizona. It dropped to about 60 hours a month during my second year, probably because I began giving stage checks along with taking students. I averaged about 59 hours a month when I worked at FlightSafety in Florida, probably because I had been assigned to a contract program and didn't really fly in earnest until I'd been there about two months.

Finally, I flew an average of 87 hours a month during my three months at Mesa in Farmington, New Mexico. I might have flown 100 hours my first month. That really is too much instructing. There was hardly any work my last two weeks there because it was the end of the term.

I live in Nebraska, 50-60 in the winter and 80-90 in the summer.

supsup

Any of you CFIs work as a waiter at nights? Or another job? Seems that the money as a CFI is not enough..

I fly freight now, but when I was instructing full time, i was flying about 60-70 hours per month and yes I was working as a waiter full time as well, both days and nights.

Latest resources

Back