• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express VFR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jim718181, Thanks for the info. I want out because the airlines arent a career choice for me. I think the single pilot time would be more beneficial to my career goal than the sic time I am getting now. My only reservation with Flight Express is no turbine time anywere. The pay seems to be better than most and I have heard good things about the company. But if they would just get some kind of turbine, even some 208's, I would be there. I am still considering putting my stuff in though. Thanks again for the info.

Trader J

jim718181, Thanks for the info. I want out because the airlines arent a career choice for me. I think the single pilot time would be more beneficial to my career goal than the sic time I am getting now. My only reservation with Flight Express is no turbine time anywere. The pay seems to be better than most and I have heard good things about the company. But if they would just get some kind of turbine, even some 208's, I would be there. I am still considering putting my stuff in though. Thanks again for the info.

Trader J

do you have at least 2500tt??, if so i met a cp 2 weeks ago that needs 4 pilots... based in georgia... they fly pc12's and be200's, all single pilot.

Orlando is possible. There are quite a few runs out of ORL. Right now it is going pretty senior but that can all change overnight.

Trader J

If you want some single pilot time that will lead to some turbine time take a look at AirNet. Spend a year or so single pilot in the 208/Baron/Navajo then go into the Lears.

Question: If he was to leave the regionals and go back to 135 and later decided to apply for the majors. Would an interview board look down on this? Would there most likely be some tough questions about why he left the 121 world?

Last edited:
If you want some single pilot time that will lead to some turbine time take a look at AirNet. Spend a year or so single pilot in the 208/Baron/Navajo then go into the Lears.

Question: If he was to leave the regionals and go back to 135 and later decided to apply for the majors. Would an interview board look down on this? Would there most likely be some tough questions about why he left the 121 world?

I don't think it would be bad to leave the regionals.. An interview is about getting to know someone... understanding their motivation for doing the things that they do.. now if traderj is in a situation where he won't upgrade for a few years, than jumping ship might not be too bad of an option..

FLX is a great company to get quality flight time and good pay, but if you want multi time from the jump, AirNet is the place to go.. AN is hiring right now. Craig (Director, Pilot Recruitment/Development ) is a very candid fellow, and their company is going through re-org with a new CEO so the future looks bright for them....

Last edited:
There are also some who started a while ago without any multi time and wouldnt have been able to get on at a regional.

I'd be one of those. I started at FLX with 0 multi and no rating. Spent a year and a half here which helped me afford the rating. Now I'm sitting on an absurdly easy 13 1/2 hour duty day with about 3 hours of flying in a baron and on pace to make ~45k this year. Until I go to class at Chatauqua, which should happen in the next few weeks. Why? Have to get turbine to move up, tired of insane work hours (although not a lot of it is work...on the other hand, I literally cannot go to the bank or register my car without taking a day off...it's been 7 months since I saw my home in daylight on a weekday, no bases where I want to live, etc etc.)

Overall, it's been an extremely positive experience. You have to be willing to roll with the vagaries of freight flying, but if you do, you'll be treated (and paid) well. Maintenance is good. I recommend FLX with no reservations.

Part 135 VFR Mins...

http://www.flightexpress.com/flight_express_news_3_27_05.htm

3.27.05 – Flight Express Hires Part 135 VFR Pilots
Pilots who meet the Part 135 IFR mins for Night and Instrument and have a MINIMUM of 1100 TOTAL will be considered for flight status upon successful completion of a SIM ride, ground and flight training. Upon receiving flight status the pilot will be placed on a line and perform only in VFR conditions. Upon accumulation of the 1200 TOTAL required for IFR ops, the pilot will then take the Part 135 IFR checkride and return to flying as a qualified IFR 135 Line Pilot.

GH 3.27.05

eP.

epilot-that was from two years ago, because of the shortage that they are now facing they reduced the minimums to 500 hours and putting the VFR only guys on the line.

Latest resources

Back