• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express VFR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of times are competitive? I'm stuck in regional hell, but have a bud that's low time and about to give up on the cfi/aviation thing altogether. WHat are the sched's like, and is there a training contract? I'm trying to keep the guy going. Thanks for the help.

B-J-J, yea, when I saw that avatar, it knew it would be a perfect fit for this place!

competitive?? was that a joke... hahaha
no training contract, upon completion of training you are given $1000., if you leave prior to 6 months the grand is deducted from your final paycheck..

schedule depends on your run.. you could have an 8hr duty day with 3hrs of flying, or you can have a 13hr duty with 3 or 6 hrs of flying.. all depends on whats open..

so with a 13hr duty day it is easy to clear 42k your 1st year

Last edited:
competitive?? was that a joke... hahaha
no training contract, upon completion of training you are given $1000., if you leave prior to 6 months the grand is deducted from your final paycheck..

schedule depends on your run.. you could have an 8hr duty day with 3hrs of flying, or you can have a 13hr duty with 3 or 6 hrs of flying.. all depends on whats open..

so with a 13hr duty day it is easy to clear 42k your 1st year

what's the work schedule like? 5 on 2 off?

slightly off subject

One thing I've always wondered... I always see FLX pilots talk about how they make better money than folks at the 1st - 2nd year regional airline level (which i don't doubt). But why do so many move-on to the regionals? If you already had the normal part 135 mins before working at FLX then why would you waste FLX's and your own time? The regionals are hiring anyone with a pulse.

I've never understood these lateral moves from part 135 to a regional or even regional to regional.

g

One thing I've always wondered... I always see FLX pilots talk about how they make better money than folks at the 1st - 2nd year regional airline level (which i don't doubt). But why do so many move-on to the regionals? If you already had the normal part 135 mins before working at FLX then why would you waste FLX's and your own time? The regionals are hiring anyone with a pulse.

I've never understood these lateral moves from part 135 to a regional or even regional to regional.

g

I agree with you 100%, there is no need to take a step backwards.. With the flight time that one can get a FLX in a year (800+ multi), moving on, should not be to a regional airline, it should be to corporate gig, if that is what you want...

housing is provided during training, plus pay..

Training is two weeks long and they provide you a hotel room you split with one of your classmates.

As far as why people come here I often wonder the same thing. First off there are a lot of guys who say "Regionals suck" "airlines arent for me" "F*** the regionals" and similar statements. There are many guys, myself included, who dont want to move from a particular base. There are also some who started a while ago without any multi time and wouldnt have been able to get on at a regional. They are short a lot of pilots now because they cannot find qualified applicants who are going to be willing to sit in a single piston for a year. Unless they decide to make it a career position intead of a "timebuilder", or get an all Baron fleet, or get some jets on the property I think the problem wil get much worse before it gets better.

Trader J if you dont mind me asking why are you looking to get out? Nashville is kind of tough to get out of class. I think there is only two 210 runs. You might get lucky or you might be able to get it after a few months. Once you upgrade to the Baron Nashville is very easy to hold. In fact its likely that you'll be in BNA whether you want to or not. I dont know a lot of the Baron guys up there so I cant say how long they will be here for. I do know they are chartering a few of those runs out because of the pilot shortage.

Latest resources

Back