• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Flight Express & Ram Air

qwerty

Total Time
low
Anyone know how long to get into the multi-engine there now a days.
thanks

maverick_fp00

Total Time
I was talking to a guy that flies through here (PFN) in the 210 - he tells me it's about 6 - 8 months before you will be high enough on the seniority list.

you also might want to check out the other thread they have - "Hiring Times at Flight Exp"

-Nick

210FR8DOG

Multi time

For Flight Express, it really depends on what your willing to do. We have some really low paying runs that get passed up sometimes because people can't afford them or don't want to move. All the high paying runs, around 30k or so are going a lot higher like maybe 10 months to a year. If you can afford to move all around the US on 1500 a month then you might get the Baron in 6-8 months. All this is very dependant on Regionals since thats where most of us are headed. When they pick up, so do we. Good luck, Jeff

qwerty

Total Time
low
(Flight Express)
So once you get a run...is it yours until you don't want it anymore?
Or can some one bid it away from you?

210FR8DOG

FE runs

The run is yours to keep. The only time a run comes open is when someone quits or moves up to a Baron.

Freightdog75

Don't hassle the Hoff
Total Time
Ram Air is a variable. From the guys that I talk to that work over there, it sounds like no less than 6 months for twin time.

c140billy

Total Time
At Ram Air it depends on your willingness to have a base other than RDU. In the last 6 months RAF pilots have gotten outbased multi runs in as little as a month. If you wanted to stay in Raleigh you may have to wait 6 months to be able to hold a multi-run.

upndsky

Freightdog 4 Life
Total Time
5000+
Does Ram Air have any jumpseat priviliges on other airlines? I know that pre-9/11, they could jumpseat on Midway and UPS. Do those agreements still exist?

c140billy

Total Time
The main other ram air base is out of hanover county airport in Richmond. The others include Wilmington, New Bern, Concord NC, louisville KY, Rock Hill SC, and hopefully Atlanta soon...

reno

Total Time
4000 +
Jump Seating

Ram Air does not currently have any jump seating arrangements.:(