• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight engineer question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
73's going good. Moving on to the 75/76 this year. Had lunch today with one of your fellow CA FE's, TB. Hope all is well!

Ity seems we have quite a few former FEs here! I am surprised no one mentioned,

1. "Protect Essential Power"

2. Dont touch the DFW Switch (Aft Zone Cabin Heater"

3. No Acars on 727s at Delta so we did the engine monitor reports

4. Position reports to Dispatch

5. Set power on takeoff

6. Help pilots prevent autopack trip on takeoff

Man this thread brings back a lot of great memories. I loved my time on the 727 panel! Sweet airplane, and fast as hell!

I may be a babysitter, but 833,000 lbs of baby does not get off the chocks with out this F/E. It is a great way to learn the operation, learned class II nav at it best and worst. Your systems knowledge is only surpassed by the book not usually the guys facing forward. If you are a good FE and happened to be a pilot you will learn to appreciate the loss when you transition back to a two person flight deck.

You can glorify it all you want but being an FE sucks. BTDT for 4 years and got the oily shirt. If you're a pilot, why would you want to not fly?

Oh yeah, you also get to go back and deal with pax problems... That sucks too. ;) TC

P.S.--Age 60 rule sucks, too! :D

The thing I have learned about FE's is that they poke me a lot with the checklist....... I guess I will eventually remember to call for it.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back