Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Starbuck

Hello everyone;

I worked for ASA and they have good people. I know anyone who loves aviation understand the concept of paying your dues. The thing is we all know it's going to be low pay and long hours but that doesn't mean it's right. Unions have their place and time. If you need someone to talk to management for you why don't you just ask your wife.
Ok! back to the real issue; if you really love aviation and want more control of your pay and life, a FE ticket might be the solution. Like dispatchers;the pool is very low. Cargo companies pay good wages for a qualified FE. So,if you are a dispatcer you are half way there in getting your FE ticket. The only problem is; who have FE courses besides the military. It would be nice if the military let civilians take their basic FE courses along with military personnel.

1. To Get A Plain Old Fe Ticket, You Need An A&p First.

2. Most Cargo Carriers Over The Next 3-5 Years Are Going To Be Retiring Their 3 Man Cockpit Airplanes, Especially With The 787 Coming Out, The Used Market Will Be Flooded With Good Used 767's And 747-400's.

I Know It Sucks, My Grandfather Was A Pfe For The Military And Aa For Over 30 Years. I Wish I Could Do The Same.

2. Most Cargo Carriers Over The Next 3-5 Years Are Going To Be Retiring Their 3 Man Cockpit Airplanes, Especially With The 787 Coming Out, The Used Market Will Be Flooded With Good Used 767's And 747-400's.

I Know It Sucks, My Grandfather Was A Pfe For The Military And Aa For Over 30 Years. I Wish I Could Do The Same.

I agree with props, FE's are a dying breed and as far as wages go, you might want to think again. First year starting pay isn't that much. Dispatchers do much better, especially in the cargo biz. PFE's make a bit more depending on the carrier, however, it's seems much easier to start at a cargo outfit as a FE and work your way up than as an FO at a regional. So I've heard. Feel free to comment.....!

"Go Heavy Metal or Go Home..!"

Latest resources

Back