Flight Dispatcher Wanted for Fortune 100 Company in Sunny South Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Check 6

JM Family Enterprises, Inc., headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Florida, is a recognized leader in the automotive industry. In January 2006, JMFE was ranked by a survey in FORTUNE magazine as the 40th Best Company to Work For in America, this marks JMFE's eighth consecutive year on the prestigious list. JM Family is a diversified automotive corporation whose principal businesses focus on vehicle distribution and processing, finance and warranty services, and insurance activities. JMFE is a $9.4 billion force in the industry with more than 3,800 associates nationwide.

JM Family is steadfast in maintaining a world class working environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage; vehicle discounts, educational assistance, retirement, profit sharing & 401k programs, on-site work-out facilities, on-site child care facility, hair & nail salons, credit union and much more!

We are looking for a FLIGHT DISPATCHER to Coordinate corporate aircraft and flight crew domestic and International flight schedules. Requires a high school diploma, FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate and a minimum of 3 years of Federal Aviation Regulations Part 91 and / or Part 135 dispatch and flight scheduling experience.

Must possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments with minimum supervision. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with the aptitude to learn and operate complex aviation scheduling software required. Reports to the Director of Aviation.

If you meet the qualifications, please visit our corporate website at
www.jmfamily.com and apply on-line.

Tracey Lambalot
Sr. Recruiter - Corporate Staffing
JM Family Enterprises, JMSC
(954) 596-7847 (Fax)
[email protected]

Fortune 100 company, get paid min. wage......it's the way of the future for Aircraft Dispatchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This job listing has been out for months.....something is wrong with this picture.

$10.50/hr in Sunny So. Florida. You can squat with the bums on South Beach.
Eat out of trash cans, and live out of your car. That's my favorite.

Last edited:
Check 6 said:
We are looking for a FLIGHT DISPATCHER to Coordinate corporate aircraft and flight crew domestic and International flight schedules. Requires a high school diploma, FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate and a minimum of 3 years of Federal Aviation Regulations Part 91 and / or Part 135 dispatch and flight scheduling experience.
Not to mention the fact that it appears the job has nothing to do with actually dispatching. I'm sorry, but "coordinating corporate aircraft and.. flight schedules" is not dispatching.

But.. on the up-side.. there is a nail salon!

Last edited:
So don't apply. I have been posting positions that I notice that may be of interest to dispatchers.

I am not a dispatcher, nor am I associated with any of the employers for the positions that I have posted.

Check 6 said:
So don't apply. I have been posting positions that I notice that may be of interest to dispatchers.

My comment wasn't a knock on you, and I'm sure your postings have been helpful to others..

My problem is with companies (namely corporate) that offer "aircraft dispatcher" jobs that aren't really dispatch jobs.

Kohflot, fair enough. I do remember seeing prior ads from this outfit. That is a high cost of living area so that may explain why the frequent ads.

Check 6, thanks for your work in posting these ads. But, sometimes I as a dispatcher looking for a better way of life have to wade thru alot of job postings that are simply not worth the time of effort.

Kohflot, you are right about the "corporate" jobs. I know some people who have work in the "corporate" world and you are basically a glorified gopher, and hold no authority over how the flight is conduct.

Cheers
Boomer71

The term "Dispatcher" has a lot of uses, not the least of which is the one most of us are referring to here. Railroads, bus companys, taxi companies, airlines.. all of them have dispatchers. Any person whose work revolves around providing support for the movement of a vehicles, aircraft or otherwise, can be considered a dispatcher.

In fact I daresay that the Corporate Dispatcher has more responsibility than the Part 121 dispatcher. The Federales may not hold a corporate dispatcher accountable for the safety of a flight, but the company sure will. And a corporate dispatcher doesn't just crank out dispatch releases and monitor weather, he/she also has to do things like: arrange ground handling, fuel, catering, overflight permits, ground transport, hotels. It's probably more interesting that sitting at a desk and grinding out the same 50 flight plans to the same 50 cities day after day.

hoover said:
And a corporate dispatcher doesn't just crank out dispatch releases and monitor weather, he/she also has to do things like: arrange ground handling, fuel, catering, overflight permits, ground transport, hotels.
Nowhere in the original job posting does it indicate that the "Flight Dispatcher" will crank out a single release.

When you start using titles like "Dispatcher" that happen to coincide with phrases used in the FARs, it seems reasonable to expect the job will in some ways reflect the duties indicated in those FARs, no? If the difference in title and responsibilities isn't important, why not hire flight attendants and call them pilots?

I'm not saying coordinating corporate aircraft is a bad job, I'm sure it's a lot of fun. But I do believe it's misleading to hire someone as a "Flight Dispatcher" when they won't actually plan, release, or have any operational control of company flights. It's also misleading if these companies tell their clients that they employ "Flight Dispatchers" to market their company's commitment to safety when said "Flight Dispatcher" doesn't have anything to do with the safety of flight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back