Flight Cases to fit the CL-65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rightrudder

Looking for some advice from CL-65 drivers out there. The flight case compartment is a little small in dimension. Any recommendations on cases that will fit and where they can be purchased would be mucho appreciated!

Thanks,

RR

The best one I've seen for durability, good looks and plenty of room is the Jumbo bag from Scott leather company. I'm sorry that I don't have their number handy. Just don't buy them from Sporty's, as it's the same bag but much more expensive. You will also get a discount if you work for an airline. Hope this helps you.

Scott's flight case is great! I wished I owned one! They are pricey though and I agree with skydiverdriver to go direct.

The stop over store sell's quite a few that also fit the CL-65, basically anything that has end pockets that can compress will fit. I own one of the ballastic nylon bag's for about $170 that fits nicely if you keep the end pockets light.

Anything with wheels will not fit.

Look around though, prices really do vary and on a FO's salary your gonna need all of the extra cash you can hold on to...

It depends on how good of a flight case you want. If you want something really nice, I would suggest www.stopoverstore.com
They sell a few different models of very nice leather and ballistic nylon cases that fit in the compartment.

I wasn't too concerned with the quality of the case I got. I just wanted something that was inexpensive and would last me about 10-12 months. I went to Office Depot and bought one of the nylon cases they have. I spent $29 dollars and when it wears out in a year or so, I can just buy another one and still be saving a lot of money over buying a very nice bag that will last a while. It fits everything that the airline requires me to carry and fits in the compartment with a little room to spare.

Hope this helps.

Here's one that fits

A good friend of mine flys for Comair and he uses the ballistic nylon bag from Purdy Neat Stuff . He says it fits only when all the side pockets are emty. I have their roll-on bag and am torn between "matching" with the ballistic flight bag, or getting the traditional leather.

Here's a pic if the url works:
420A_lg.jpg

I don't know how much you're looking to spend, but when I started flying the CL-65, I found a case at Staples that I'm very happy with. It's leather, has a lifetime warranty, has a pocket in the front that's handy for storing your calculator, checklist, etc. and has a file folder system that opens from the side that works well for storing flight manifests, miscellaneous forms, bid packets, and magazines passengers have left in the airplane for you!

It fits perfectly in the CL-65 storage bin. Dimensions are 17 7/8"L X 8 1/4" W X 13 1/8" high. Be sure you don't buy anything bigger in length or width. If you plan on using a David Clark style headset, don't buy anything that is shorter in height than this one, or you won't be able to fit your headset in with your Jepp binders and company manuals.

Mine has held up well so far. It would be nice if it was an extra inch taller so my David Clark's would fit without having to be perfectly aligned. I switched to a set of Telex Airman 750's to solve that problem.

http://www002.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/SKU.asp?BCFlag=False&PageType=1&SKU=HAZ48953

If that link doesn't work for you, search Staple's website for "catalog case". It's the Madrid model that sells for $203. including shipping.

Almost any flight case will fit - the compartment's not as small as it looks.

My crewgear ballistic nylon case i've had for 3 years doesn't fit - it is 18.5" long. Seems like anything 18x8 will work, from the reommendations I have received. Thanks again for the input.

RR

Latest resources

Back