Flight Case Handle Replacement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

herb

I have a leather flight case that has lasted me the past 5 years. The handle is about shot. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a replacement handle? I searched google for "luggage replacement handle", "leather briefcase handle", etc. but I can't find anywhere I can order online. I went into a luggage repair shop and they wanted $45 bucks to fix it. That seems a little over the top for something I think I can figure out myself. Also, if anyone has done this before is it just a matter of pulling out the pins, switching out the handle and sliding the pins back in or is there more to it?

Any suggestions?

Well...
If it's cheap you want and you just use the handle to hook to you're rollerbag.. a screen door handle at home depot will do the trick.. not too pretty but the price is right $1.45 plus some washers and bolts

Call the Stop Over Store...they have replacements for about $15.

herb said:
I have a leather flight case that has lasted me the past 5 years. The handle is about shot. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a replacement handle? ...Any suggestions?
Yea, check this handle out...

http://www.autoweapons.com/photosn/enigma.html

...you won't see no "samsonite" beating monkey making fun of this one.

Any decent shoe repair shop should be able to replace the handle on a flight bag.

That dude's gonna go shoot an ostrich with that target .22! The Pu$$y should at least pick on a bird that can fly...

Take wire hanger, wire through the mount twice on each side, wrap with duct tape to provide padding, then finish off with some electrical tape so its black, can hardly tell it's not a real handle. Hard to describe, but if you take a hanger and try it out, you'll see quickly how to do it. Ghetto for sure, but probably will outlast the rest of the bag.

Latest resources

Back