• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Attendant sues Delta and Jetblue in sexy dress dispute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you were Jetblue, and sued for not providing a free, professional courtesy, wouldn't you have a serious discussion about not providing this courtesy to anyone else to avoid this in the future?

This is slippery slope stuff.

If you were Jetblue, and sued for not providing a free, professional courtesy, wouldn't you have a serious discussion about not providing this courtesy to anyone else to avoid this in the future?

This is slippery slope stuff.

No, I'd just make sure the gate agents performed their duties as per company policy.

(letting non-revs and jumpseaters board with out favoritism and or unprovocative harassment...)

"You are not dressed revealing enough therefore you can not board this flight!".......

Do you want your gate agents determining this as they try to get a flight out on time?

Is that actually part of their job description?

Remember the jumpseat is a reciprocal deal.
It helps (or may help) Jetblue Flight attendants get to work on other airlines too. You need to think about the big picture as well.

Not saying this is what happened but I could see it going down like this. Three flight attendants show up at the gate and two are dressed in business casual, the required dress, and happen to look sexy. The third flight attendant shows up and is in blue jeans and tennis shoes and is denied boarding. She looks at the other two and asks the gate agent why they are getting on and he answers because they are dressed appropriately. Now the disgruntled flight attendant reads this as I'm not dressed sexy enough.

We have a lot of flight attendants at Delta showing up to jumpseat in blue jeans and tennis shoes. I've asked Captains if I would be allowed to jumpseat up front in blue jeans to which they answer no. Somewhere along the line they, meaning our FA's, how come to believe that it is authorized to cabin jumpseat in jeans. Here are the Delta FA jumpseat attire requirements:

Jumpseat Attire
While we believe it is appropriate to mirror our passengers when riding non-revenue, when traveling on the jumpseat it is important we present a professional and business image. Wearing a uniform is permitted; however, it’s discouraged due to customers’ perception that you’re a working crewmember. If wearing a uniform, it must be in full compliance with published uniform wearing guidelines. If not wearing a uniform, the dress code for jumpseat travel is business casual - no jeans or shorts. In addition, closed-toe, closed-heel shoes should be worn - no sandals or tennis shoes.

So do you think one of our FA's would make a stink if they were denied boarding and missed a sign in? You bet!

And you'd still feel the same way if this was you wife commuting to work and she was denied the flight, missed her trip, and was basically sexually harassed?

The gate agent should be fired for this.......
Do you believe everything only told by one side?

She wasn't. When you hear the story you will cringe.

So what is the rest of the story?

Non-rev, commuting? Either way I don't think any gate agent has the right to insist that a person dress more "provocatively".

If in unacceptable attire, then absolutely request a change. But to ask that they dress more provocatively is completely unacceptable.

If that is the case, then I agree with Captzaahlie, the agent should be fired.

How many times have each of us seen "unacceptable" attire by jumpseaters. My company says that jumpseaters must be in first class attire or in uniform. In either case blue jeans or sneakers aren't permitted yet week after week jumpseaters show up with either.

I guess we need Paul Harvey, to know the "rest of the story".

Why do Flt Atts. think their important? Its a waitress, they do nothing except b!tch, no more than a waitress in the soda area. Most flight Attendants just say that looks cool I'll apply. Whatever, I'll never win approval for my invention the
" flt att 1000" it goes up and down the aisle looks like an ATM. Not like they ever do anything in an emergency, the passengers don't even know they exsist. Passengers know where to go and always do. DOWN with flt atts, and yes this a rant because I'm flying with Kentucky's finest this trip.

Could this had been a a case of frumpy F/A showing up. Not in acceptable attire. Younger less senior employees, properly dressed allowed to board. Frumpy f/a not wanting to change, or unable to change in time, decides to blame gate agent on her problems instead of looking at herself as the one to blame??? Maybe this employee has had similar problems before, non-reving off line.

Maybe said f/a, looked at younger, pieces of eye candy and said, THAT is the reason I can't get on, because they show flesh and I don't. Interjects the provacative comment into the gate agents mouth, retains a lawyer and sues. Naaaaaa a f/a would never do such a thing would she?

Sounds like a NY based f/a that doesn't want to do the connection required to fly on her own metal. Sounds very similar to the US f/a and SWA problems in PIT. Is there something in the water up there that makes off line non revers crazy?

I suspect the word "provocative" never passed the gate agents lips.

This begs the question; "What did she look like?"

I suspect the word "provocative" never passed the gate agents lips.
Yea, that's a lot of Syll A bl es. (as spoken by Mike Myers)

I sincerely hope JetBlue's counsel demands fees and costs when they win their dismissal with prejudice.

Where do they find attorneys willing to take these cases on a contingency basis. I don't think JetBlue will voluntarily settle this for any amount of money. I'd like to add the pain of making the Plaintiff Attorney be responsible for the collection of fees from their client.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back