Flight Attendant... Sauced...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mnboyev

Long winded storty to follow: So, I get done with my long day of aero-driving, red eyed, wrinkled shirt, etc. And the agent tells me that my commuter bird is down at the gate and gave me the nod to go ahead and board early. The plane ends up being almost full and I end up with an aisle seat in coach !! Cool .... right? wrong !! I end up sitting next to this wasted FA from Ryan. (She had a revenue ticket and was being moved to work a flight from MSP to Cancun...) The entire time I had to babysit her so she didnt get into big trouble... It was the most embarrassing thing I have ever had happen while commuting home... Of course our FA's didnt want to deal with it. What a bunch of crap. The folks are looking at me like I should do something ... The best I could do was keep her quiet. I should have got up and moved to the flight deck. Never again.... Why did this chick even get down to the airplane? I'd have sent her walking to MSP...... Any comments or quips are appreciated... The whole thing was funny now.... but not too funny at the time.... However, I did catch myself chuckling at times at her stupidity...

Pass the buck

Nobody wants to deal with these things, the gate agents send them down to the plane for the FAs to deal with, the FAs call the pilots and want them to deal with it (what the heck can we do anyway with the door never opening??). A few solutions: No booze within 10 miles of an airport. Take a breathalyzer before boarding. Drunk passengers shot on sight. Any of these work for me.

You made out with a flight attendant named RYAN? Were you sauced? Gotta watch that tequilla in Cancun. Hmmm. Not, that there is anything wrong with that.....?

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Good on you mate!

Like someone recently said, it certainaly helps to make a deposit in the bank of good karma every once in a while. You did the right thing by helping her out.

Safe Flying,

Funny that you bring up this situation because I had a similar one except with a pilot and I was a working F/A on the flight.

Turns out this guy had been trying to commute home all day and finally broke down and bought a ticket after not getting on several flights. Since he was now a revenue pax he evidently spent some quality time in the FOX Sports bar in PHX Terminal C before boarding (he actually told me this at one point during the flight). Guy was totally twisted by time he came on the aircraft. He sat in the last row of seats and was pretty quiet until just after rotation when he leans around the bulkhead and starts asking me when the "bar" opens. Needless to say I didn't serve him but spent the entire flight trying to keep him quiet and asking him to stop grabbing the "C" flight attendants arm to stop her and tell her how beutiful she was every time she walked by. The other two stews were out for blood and ready to call security by the time the flight was over but I managed to talk them out of it. I was pretty pissed at the time wondering as usual how someone like that slips past the ops agent, but looking back now the whole thing was pretty funny.

Latest resources

Back