Flg 3701 Audio Tape

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dumbledore said:
Everyone here (except Ty) says that it's a not-so-hot idea to take a CRJ to FL410 - books or not. Why are you fighting tooth and nail to say that it's okay.
You are saying it is unsafe to go to FL410 in an RJ. I am saying it CAN be safe, but isn't always. It also CAN be unsafe to go to FL350. So since it CAN be unsafe to go to FL350, we should never do it, right? No? How do we make the determination? Oh, that's right, we have CLIMB CAPABILITY CHARTS. :rolleyes:

RJFlyer said:
So using your logic, every time an aircraft crashes, it was pilot stupidity that caused it? Nice. Personally I'll reserve judgement until I see the NTSB final report. Something you are apparently unwilling to do.

Yeah, it would be pure stupidity to modify the way we fly as a result of an accident before the official NTSB report is published! How could we be so blatantly careful. Shame on us.

DirkkDiggler said:
Yeah, it would be pure stupidity to modify the way we fly as a result of an accident before the official NTSB report is published! How could we be so blatantly careful. Shame on us.

My statement had nothing to do with modifying the way we fly, or not. Dumbledore apparently is ready to hang the crew simply because they were at FL410 and ended up crashing (and apparently any other crew that crashes an airplane, just by virtue of the fact that they crashed). My point is that contrary to some of the opinions on this board, the aircraft is certified to fly at FL410 and absolutely is capable of it. Is it always the best idea? No. I think with my own experiences at FL410, I have demonstrated that.

The accident may well have been pilot error, but I'm not going to point fingers without having all the info.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back