• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You might want to look at the pay when changing aircraft. Last time I was there, when you changed from say a 4 yr cpt in the LR60 and went to the CL300 as captain, you went down to starting over..... yeah, one yr captains pay on the 300. some deal !!

It is not that way anymore. When you upgrade as an FO, you go down one year i.e. if you are a 3 year FO and upgrade, you go to a 2 year CPT.

What is the average time to upgrade? Let's say you start as a CL300 FO - how long before you could expect to upgrade to the Lear 40/45 as Capt (on average assuming today's growth rate)?

How long would be the average upgrade time assuming today's growth rate? Let's say you start as a CL300 FO, how long before you could potentially upgrade to Lear 40/45 Capt?

There was no choice of airplane I was assigned to the Lear 45. You can choose your base though. Upgrade is about 4 years maybe less.

Last edited:
They tell you what you are hiring into the day of the interview. It just depends on their needs. Usually it's the Lear 45 or the 300. And yes, if you want FLL then they'll put you there.

Do any of you guys commute from Houston to Dallas? If so; is it easy or a pain? Thanks

Yes a few do. They usually arrive in the Dallas gateway the night before and spend their own dime on a hotel.

Yes they hire right into the 604. Also someone posted that you go back a year in pay when you upgrade. FALSE! If you are a third year FO and you upgrade, then you are a Third Year Captain as far as pay goes. Been here over 8 years and It's a great job for the most part. No job is perfect, but the folks here are some the best and that makes life good.

Your choice to live in any of the four bases: EWR,DFW,FLL,ONT.

If you only commute twice a month to your job; thats not too bad. It beats 4-5 times a month to my regional job.

Latest resources

Back