Flexjet?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Splash

I received an email asking that if I was still interested in Flexjet, to resubmit my resume and tell them how I meet their gate way requirments.

Couple of questions.

1. How is flexjet to work for?

2. I live on long island so I would obvisiously go for the new york gateway. What airport do they primarily send their guys to?

3. Do first year FOs tend to get a chance for overtime pay?

4. I currently fly as a captain making more money but the company environment that I am currently in is a little less then desired and that's being nice. Should I go for a FO position?

Any input would be appreciated

thnx

Cpt Splash said:
4. I currently fly as a captain making more money but the company environment that I am currently in is a little less then desired and that's being nice. Should I go for a FO position?
Sounds like you work for Nutjets. Run Forest RUN!

I don't work for Flex but I have a friend that has been there for 5 years and is still a FO. He is supposed to be next to upgrade but it has been a long time to upgrade. He says they work him like a dog.

Hi,Splash

Jumper52 here. How long after you sent your resume did you hear from Flex? I have applied with e-mail and fax. Faxed to Karen Parr and still no answer.

Thanks!!!

jumper52,

I faxed and emailed flexjet about 2 months ago. I got an email last night asking if I was still interested, to resubmit my resume.

Use the "search" feature of this board to find the previous Flexjet threads, and if you have any particular questions, ask away.

The most recent upgrades were hired Mar-00.

I took your advice and searched. When you say you can live anywhere, does that mean Flexjet pilot's have jump seat privileages? I live on Long Island and can drive to EWR, JFK, LGA, and TEB within reasonable time, but we all know NY traffic. And just because I live near those airports doesn't mean I could be based there. Say for example, a flexjet pilot lives in NY but is based in Dallas. He is asked to report on a Wednesday, so he flies out the night before on an airline and stays in a hotel? I just want to understand how it works. The company I currently work for is about 5 minutes from my house and I am used to being right there. Thanks in advance for your comments.

You'd most certainly be hired into the NY area gateway, and you'd be given reasonable time to report for duty. I don't think that anyone who lives in that gateway has problems getting to work on time.

If someone chooses to live in a city that's not their assigned gateway, travel to the gateway is the crewmember's responsibility. There are no jumpseat agreements that I know of, feel lucky?

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back