• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are not required to live in your gateway. I know lots of guys that are DFW based but live as far away as So. Cal. You are required to get yourself to your gateway before midnite of your first day on, the company gets you back to your gateway before midnite of your last day on (if they don't they pay you a day of overtime, $300 for an FO) . Most guys I know drive or fly in and crash somewere.

I've been told that you are not required to resign your number, but you are required to sign a 24 month pro rated training contract.

Last edited:
That's a Looooong drive!

How are these SoCal guys getting to work, airlines or cars? Do you have some sort of an agreement with the airlines or are you on your own?
:confused:

They Fly, although I did here of one guy that drove from North Dakota, or somewere like that.

No agreement with any airlines. Your are on your own.

We use to (or may still) have a voucher system that you could have them airline you from and to an airport of your choice so many times a year. I'll have to ask about this because I've never used it.

All True Truman

What Truman says is True.
The guy driving in from North Dakota was driving like 18 hours each way!!!! But, (if it's the same guy) he was only doing that last year until the school year ended (his wife is a school teacher and they were moving after school let out).
They were giving out the vouchers that allowed you to airline to wherever you wanted instead of home. You could also get vouchers from other pilots as well. It didn't apply to me so I don't know the details.
If any SOCAL Flexjet guys read this, drop me a private message with an address and I'll send you what I have.

Take care,

What is 1st year pay at Flexjet? What is 2nd year pay? When do you foresee upgrades occuring for newhires? What is a common schedule for a newhire? How many days off per month? What bases are newhires getting? I know it's a lot of questions, but I would really appreciate the info. Thanks in advance.

New hires today will wait to upgrade a long time. Unless something drastic happens. We have guys that have been here three years that are still waiting to upgrade. The schedule will vary, however, the pay is based on 17 days out of a 28 day bid period. You can call any of our three crew bases home, they are DFW, EWR, and FLL with somewhere in LAX coming soon. Seniority has nothing to do with bidding gateways(bases). We are having our problems but we are hiring. Hopefully the problems will be worked out soon.

I think he may have meant which fleet are the new hires getting assigned.

Either that, or he really does need to check that site out, flexlr.:D

Latest resources

Back