flexjet to majors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

I did a search and the newest info I found was from 2003. and at the time it looks like it was happening a lot. is it still the case?

Why would you ever want to leave Flexjet for a major airline? ;)

I would say the majority of people who left for majors from Flexjet were previously furloughed by those majors...

Let me be among the first to say: Why on earth would you want to do that?!!

-Goose

Last edited:
We continually have a good amount of guys leave flex for SWA, Jet Blue (Don't ask me), FedEx and UPS. I don't know that Flex or NJA or the others for that matter will give you a particular edge. I would imagine NJA has the same thing happening.

We continually have a good amount of guys leave flex for SWA, Jet Blue (Don't ask me), FedEx and UPS. I don't know that Flex or NJA or the others for that matter will give you a particular edge. I would imagine NJA has the same thing happening.

Only young, junior guys would leave NJA for somewhere else... unless you have a real desire to fly big iron. I'm a 7 year Captain, 40 yo. I wouldn't go anywhere else now.

Depends on what you want in life?

It actually goes both ways. Fracs to Majors and Majors back to Fracs. I know of a UAL recallee (former E/NJA)that would give up his sen# at UAL to go back to flying Fracs as a CA & his F/O...

As a matter of fact, 90%+ of the attrition list since the contract has been pilots with less than a year seniority. I think the Domicile issue has proven to be a bit more daunting of a pill to swallow for many.

It might have helped if the company would have been a bit more straight forward with interviewees or at least allowed a Union Rep to talk to interviewees.

Whatever...

Latest resources

Back