FlexJet Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seek professional help

Points, Semore? You're still hung up on hotel points?

Yes, the FO pay is final. Don't have any numbers on upgrades but I know there are several going on right now.

Re: Montreal, you must be privy to something I don't know about the Dallas-Montreal axis... I doubt they micro-manage everything in Dallas... even if they are involved, so what? Flexjet is a unit of Bombardier, so Bombardier has an interest in what happens here. How is that bad?

Basing schedules on demand is bad? No, it's not. It's much smarter than a flat schedule. It is a more efficient way to use crews. Sorry, I'm not apologizing for that. The company has got to make money, PBS works, end of story. People DO get what they want, there are some people here who've never worked 7 days under PBS. Despite all of the bitching to the contrary, that is fact. PBS works for the crews.

Sorry the company "screwed" you by not upgrading you. That's just part of the huge conspiracy against you, you know. You should see what the world has planned for you next!

The bonus is not a guarantee, and was not presented as such. It's based on the company's performance. You know that. It's like how you were never guaranteed an airline job. Did you know that?

I maintain that the hotels we stay in are acceptable. Yeah, there are fewer Hiltons. So what?

Sorry upper mgmt. didn't see fit to include you on any of the major decisions. Unfortunately, that's common to many corporations around the world. It's called "management". That's right, businesses aren't democracies! You may recognize the concept from your days in the military, if not the cockpit. Someone's gotta be in charge, making decisions. Do I sense problems with authority?

Pretty much everything I say IS documentable fact. Don't like that, do you? It's much easier for you to stomache the "I didn't get what I deserved/I'm oppressed by the man" theory, isn't it? Sorry about your luck. Hope it improves.

"PBS works, end of story. People DO get what they want, there are some people here who've never worked 7 days under PBS. Despite all of the bitching to the contrary, that is fact. PBS works for the crews. "

357 did you read the survey on PBS? It may work, however, the majority of the crews are NOT happy with it! Most would like to see it eliminated or have a reduced role in their schedules. The few you mention about not having 7 and still bitching are speaking for all the rest that do have the 7 day schedules. Which by the way is the majority. But I do like the positive management tactics in attacking those that post on the Blue Belly. That is so unprofessional and poor management skill. Thats one reason I do not post their. According to one we should be happy we even have a job. While most of us are happy to be working we still would like to see the improvements PROMISED soooooo long ago. Where is the fulfilment 357? How many do you think will stay after the economy improves? What have they done for the better? Heck we still have captains and fo's leaving in these difficult times.

Last edited:
So you're saying PBS works, people are getting what they bid for, but they aren't happy with it. I don't know how to respond to that. That truly doesn't make any sense at all. Are they bidding for things they don't like on purpose?

Seven days on: The majority of people do *NOT* have 7 day lines in BP8. I know because I checked! In the master schedule I saw, about 30% of the captains had 1 seven day "on" period within BP8, and that number rises to about 40% when you include the people working 7 days over the BP7-BP8 transition.

About 11% of the FOs have 1 seven day "on" period. Nobody had more than 1 seven day "on" period. So please don't tell me everyone is working 7 day lines all the time. They're not. That's a lie.

Don't confuse the amount of days you have to work, or how busy you are at work with PBS - that's not PBS. That's another issue altogether. I would welcome being guaranteed 17 days of pay and only having to work 15, or some other scheme to reward seniority.

Also, don't confuse the managers replying to fact-less Bluebelly posts with facts and numbers as "attacking" crewmembers, either. That's not attacking, that's using the truth. If that's wrong, we're in big trouble.

It doesn't do us any good, it doesn't make Flexjet any better, if all the REAL issues are clouded with emotion and fiction. To make this a better place to work, the facts have to be known and dealt with. Do you expect management to make business responses based on emotional, fact-devoid letters from angry crewmembers? That would hurt us all in the long run.

People will always leave Flexjet, fact of life. By the way, people leave Netjets too.

"People will always leave Flexjet, fact of life. By the way, people leave Netjets too."

How many ex-Netjets pilots are flying for Flexjet?

Who knows? At least one!

So what? If some people have left for Netjets because they think it's a better opportunity, well, I hope they're right. Maybe the grass is greener for them.

I'm just talking about what the truth is... I didn't know this was Netjets vs. Flexjet!

Last edited:
Yes the pbs works per the company needs and thats it. While this is not wrong. They need to find what works on both sides of the fence. However, BP08 has been an improvement I will give you that. We will have to see how long it last. Dont mislead people by saying with this one bid period the majority arent working 7 days in a row. It is one bid period.

I never said everyone in my previous post I was speaking of the majority. And how do you explain the PBS survey? If your claim of so many are happy with PBS. Granted that was done prior to BP08.

I do not mind working. I enjoy the work and it is better then sitting in a hotel. I would also welcome the reward of seniority for less days worked and the same pay. That is a great idea!!

The managers need to be more tactful with their responses then they have been lately. Maybe they should leave their emotions out of the equation also. People will stop using the BB if they are going to be put down or be attacked by others. While I do welcome a good debate a slight amount of tact is needed.

Also, they shouldnt think that we are all fact-devoid and just angry. Most of us have very relevent points and concerns with the company. Its just to bad that they do not keep us better informed.

I must say I do agree with a lot that you say 357. But their are always two sides to every story. Things that make you happy at flex may not make everyone happy. And the bigger we get the more diverse we are going to have to be.

V
p.s. 357 are you sure you do not want to be a politician?

Vixin,

PBS works for company needs and flightcrew needs. I'm sorry, but that is a fact. I consistently get whatever I bid for, and I am not #1 in my fleet, and I know several people who have had the same experience.

You are right, PBS is more successful as we learn how to use it and as it is tweaked with rules that fit our needs.

I don't know how to explain the PBS Survey. I don't know why people would be unhappy with PBS if it gives them what they want, and I do know that people are getting what they want. The top 30% of LR-60 captains got exactly what they want. It really doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe the managers could improve... maybe we could all improve. Honestly though, I can't think of a better way to respond to the kind of bogus complaints they get than with facts and statistics. That would stop people from complaining about bogus stuff, and allow the real issues to come to the top.

For instance: Complaining about having to work 7/3 when history shows that he has NOT EVER worked 7/3 is utterly ridiculous. IT does not lead to solutions. That is a waste of time and is dishonest.

How are the managers going to change things for the better when they can't understand what the real issues are because people are making bogus complaints!?

You are right, there are relevant concerns all the time, which should be addressed. I won't argue that point one bit, I doubt anyone would. I will add that, in spite of what people like to say, management has been responsive, i.e. the 4 day after 7 option.

Vixin, we do agree quite a bit. I'm not going to say that Flexjet is perfect. I'm not going to sit by why people say it's awful. I am going to point out the truth however. Understanding the true pros and cons are the only way the place is going to improve.

Politics? Ha! Who wants the truth in politics??

Great dialog, everybody. Thanks. Would any of you care to describe a day in the life of a Flexjetter? Could make for some interesting fodder for the interview.

Thanks again for your enthusiastic and thoughtful replies.

Latest resources

Back