flexjet problem at IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Turbine-

That data block looks like it represents a diverse and accomplished career, one that many would like to attain. Are you saying that is is self-aggrandizing to include all that you accomplish?

Many of your posts contain a good deal of sarcasm directed at other members. Does this represent how you normally conduct yourself, or do you make an exception just for us here on the board?

Maybe it's just me, but your comments have a hollow ring to them, like the humor is somehow "forced". Are you okay?

He just like the little kid that gets mad. Then all he has to say is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turbine get a life. Are you a little jealous of all the Ratings that Falcon Capt has? Is your profile actually true or are you just some snot nose kid with a computer?????????

Rookie

Flexlrpilot357, it sounds to me like this is your first job and that you are an overly defensive new hire. Relax, you will always find some type of competition in avaition amongst competeing companies. You need not to take it personally. They guy just made a statement about an observation he saw. I don't think it was aimed at you or was written so that he would get such a response from you. As you get older and have been around this industry you will find that some people just state questions that might be offensive, not meaning to be. So relax, it was just an observation. Give yourseld a few years a Flex Jet and you too will have your own gripes.

Country Wild

Interesting theory, country wild, but you're well off the mark. Flexjet is my 5th jet job, and I've been here long enough to be a captain. I have plenty of gripes about the company, and have had no problem admitting them, but I'm also thankful that I'm here.

Lumber Yak: sorry you misread my post as "explosive". I know it's hard to convey the right spirit at times through this medium. The truth is, I know a lot more about Flexjet than you think you do, no matter how many people you think you know here, and I'm not going to let uninformed bashing or simple incorrect "knowledge" go by unchallenged. that's it. No harm or offense intended.

Timebuilder, there's nothing like good recurrent training (such as that received at the Bombardier training center in Dallas) to keep your skills sharp. That said, human factors are a cause of accidents everywhere in the world. Heaven forbid we become complacent.

Regarding Flexjet MX, I'll say this, speaking from firsthand experience: during my last rotation, my dealings with our maintenance were nothing but first rate. I'd let my mom fly with us, I believe that says enough.

Being an NJA pilot, I believe we are in an excellent position for a minimum 100% raise. This belief is also shared by the majority of NJA pilots who understand the condition NJA is really in and where we are going. First, some history. The main reason we did not go public in 98 was because to do so would interfere with our aggressive growth plan. Shareholders want $$, and there was a good chance aggressive growth would prohibit profit for several years. Enter WB. The plan was to expand and grow as necessary for 5 years, regardless of profit or loss. Unlimited capital to do what needed to be done. This comes from RTS.

NJA makes money. It is NJ Europe that looses money, at least for now while it is in the aggressive growth phase. Again, part of the plan from the beginning. The books cover that fact and make it seem like there is no profit, but we at NJA do not buy into that. We are NJA, not NJI, not NJ Europe, or EJM. As such, we bargain based on the NJA operation and our worth as NJA pilots. Remember that fact when you use the term "Netjets."

Also remember that with growing pains come inefficiencies, some rather costly, that have absolutely nothing to do with pilot's responsibility. It is management's lack of efficiency, not ours. Our value is not based on management's ability to manage, nor will we accept that downfall as a reason to sell ourselves short. We've been there and done that.

As a group, we do not fall for the "we're not profitable" argument, nor the "look what a huge contract did to United," or the Disney comments, or whatever other negative is tossed our way on this and other message boards. Opinions are just that, as is mine. But it is troubling to see pilots ripping into other pilots who are striving for the same goals. Salary, quality of life, solid benefits and retirement are in ALL of our best interests as pilots. When one pilot group succeeds, it raises the bar for all others. Personally, I'd be rooting for us!

The contract is coming!!
The contract is coming!!
Then we will all be rich!!

dear god help us....................

NJA

I am not a Net Jets pilot, but if I were, I would be less concerned about the details of the contract and more concerned about the overcapacity at your company.

Seems that NJA and FO are in a race of who can get bigger and who can keep up...resulting in what would appear to be a growth at all costs strategy. It certainly is a big gamble... I hope it pays off for both FO and NJA.

Must be nice to have deep pockets.

:D

OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING

OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING! ALL FRACTIONALS ARE EVIL!

Ok, this was totally tonque in cheek - but I am sure lots of people will be upset - sorry

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 326QS Make/Model: C560 Description: 560 Citation 5/5 Ultra (UC-35.
Date: 09/20/2002 Time: 2036

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
ACFT LOST GEAR DOOR ON RWY 20 ON DEPARTURE, ACFT RETURNED TO LAND,
KALISPELL, MT

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: Y
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: Y
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: UNK

OTHER DATA
Activity: Unknown Phase: Take-off Operation: Air Carrier

Departed: UNK Dep Date: Dep. Time:
Destination: UNK Flt Plan: UNK Wx Briefing: U
Last Radio Cont: UNK
Last Clearance: UNK

FAA FSDO: HELENA, MT (NM05) Entry date: 09/23/2002

What a bunch of imbiciles we must all look like to someone reading this thread for the first time.

Jesus, people, are we going to dig up all accidents/incidents at all fracs and have an all out mud-slinging contest?

This board has really gone downhill.

Latest resources

Back