Flexjet Newhires

Spoolup

Total Time
How is the FJ groundschool.
Is it anything like NJA? where you go for indoc and a medical (mr jellyfinger?) and then the jet?
Or just indoc and then AC?
Just curious.

flyer120

Total Time
7000+
The groundschool for flexjet is held at the Bombardier Training Facility at the DFW airport. There you will do indoc and systems along with sim training for your aircraft. There is no medical to take, unlike NetJets.

Going2Golf

Facta, non verba
Total Time
7000+
Correct me if I am mistaken in this, but isn't the medical at NetJets more of a indepth check up as opposed to a pre employment physical like at AA or AE.
Talking to a friend of mine, I was told that it is done after you have already been on the property and is more of a general check of your health.

loverobot

Total Time
I went through the NetJets physical quite a while ago. The thing you need to understand is that the doctors office that does the physical is contracted by NJ. The Doctor is not an employee of the company. I felt as though the physical was designed to extract as many billing opportunities from the client (NJ) as possible. This Doctor performed every conceivable test he could manage to bill for the sake of billing, tests that are not required by an FAA medical. A chest X-Ray, glucose test, extensive blood work, ekg for a 22 year old!

You are treated like a piece of meat throughout the physical by multiple assistants, and then only breifly by the Doctor. The pilots come through this particular office bi-weekly at 10 to 20 in a clip. This contract is a cash cow for this Doctor, and he knows it.

bafanguy

Total Time
cosmotheassman said:
I hate to be the first to ask this but, what's wrong with "Mr. Jellyfinger"? :)

cosmo,

You are correct...you should "hate" to be the first to ask that question. Not that there's anything wrong with that.