FlexJet FURLOUGHS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flex Europe

Here back in the old country, FlexJet tried to set up a European operation, but that was not to last. I got out before the fan hit the sh*t. Many more were there when it happened. In general the termination deal was very generous. We felt that Europe would only last two years, until Dallas management realised that losses were vast. One major problem was the belief that if it works in Dallas it will work in Europe. But it was not working in dallas, so what hope Europe. I understand that the Middle east operation has faltered, and is now being run as part of Europe...
I have several good friends from Flex USA, so I wish you all happy hunting.....

Misunderstanding

The last time they furloughed it was in conjunction with a Bombardier wide layoff and every division was required to cut (just after 9/11)
All those "furloughed by seniority" I believe were brought back rapidly. I think that Bombardier is in the same mode now and I would not be surprised if the the outcome is the same.
I think Flexjet tries to staff as lean as possible and the staffing needs don't suddenly disappear (like an airline) so it is likely that those furloughed are still needed.
But hell, I am usually wrong about most everything.

Sorry to say this, but you are wrong:
The last time Flexjet "Furloughed", they FIRED and it was definately not "by seniority" Some were very senior and NONE were brought back. It was the VP of Flt Ops way of getting rid of noise makers. Just thought Id clear that up:confused:

Actually the "noise" makers were let go and not invited back. The folks that were at the bottom of the list and were in good standing with Flex were invited back.

The latest round of layoffs were in seniority, and I've gotten the impression that when more crews are needed they will be the first ones invited back.

I was one of those people at the bottom of the list who was "let go" back in October 2001, just a few days after getting the type.

I was in fact called back by FX in Feb. 2002 but I already took a job with NJA and declined.

If memory serves me correct: There were 7 of us at the bottom who were let go and then called back. Of the 7: 1 is at SWA, 4 here at NJA; 2 went back to FX and one has since resigned.

Wish the guys at FX all the best, a good groups of guy/gals over there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back