Flexjet Domiciles?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citdrver

Hey guys and gals on the Flexjet side of things, is there any rumors or talk of adding additional domiciles to your operation. I would love to work for them, but I really couldn't make the move.

Thanks for the info!

yeah, SoCal sometime. Not sure when.

nope, not that I know of. It might be in the long term plan though.

Maybe in 100 years. FlexJet is ridiculous on its gateway policy! I know 357 you are going to say it is a business decision and this is how we are making money. We can talk for hours about this. So lets agree to disagree now b/c we both know we will. Do you think the other fracs would keep their gateways if it were costing them so? I cant even begin to understand Flex's poor gateway policy. They need to realize it will save them in the long term planning.

Hey, no problem! I agree that it would be nice to have 100 gateways! I agree that everyone wants them! I want them!

I don't think that someone in Dallas or Montreal has some personal problem with opening up gateways. Obviously there's been some kind of business decision - based on a detailed mathematical analysis, I hope! I won't even say I understand it... as I understand it, opening FL to the 31A's was contrary to their philosophy... I don't have all the answers for sure!

Wow!!!

This is getting scary we almost agree on something. Your in sight as to why we havent opened more gateways would be great. I think they need new bean counters in the office. Gateways will save the company money!! Others have proven, it me included, but they do not want to listen.

I think we agree on plenty, your posts here have always been pretty reasonable, IMO.

I'd be interested to see your "proof" that gateways would save us money. And it really has to be more than anecdotal proof, because I know our business analysts have applied some real math and complex computer modeling to the issue. They have some real brainiacs locked away in the Princeton, believe me, I've talked to them. I'm sure if you went in and discussed it with someone (either in Flight Ops or in the Business Analysis / Metrics dept.), they'd be happy to share the reasoning with you.

I really don't have any "insight" as to the reasoning they're following, other than the common knowledge of it involving crew densities at the gateways, maintenance facilities, and the amount of business we do in a particular area.

Really though, if they really believed that it would save money, I completely believe that they'd open the whole country overnight. I don't think anyone gets any sick pleasure from forcing people to live in our 3 gateways. That's just the nature of business!

Latest resources

Back