Flexjet and the Lear 60XR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Noticed in the latest ProPilot that the President of Flexjet (Mike McQuay) is pictured in the mock-up of a Lear 60XR with the President of Bombardier. Sounds like the 60XR will use Pro Line 21 avionics and it will have a redesigned interior.

Given that the current Flex Lear 60s seem a little "worn" and some have been around for quite some time, what is the likelihood that Flexjet will order a batch of the Lear 60XRs? And what about the Challenger 605s (604 upgrade)? Any plans for these new aircraft in the future or will Flex focus more on the CL300 and Lear 40/45?

AIN says Flex will be the launch customer for the 60XR - looks like 15 have been ordered.

300 orders go out through winter 2007, that's the earliest you can get in one at Flex.

Keeping you informed . . .

From an unreliable source: :) Flexjet ordered 15 of the new Lear 60XR and 15 of the new C605. Dissapointed, I am, that the new 60XR is without a wing and gear change. Hoping, I was, that they would put the new wing on the bird for more speed up top. Oh well. . .

Broke Spoke

broken spoke said:
From an unreliable source: :) Flexjet ordered 15 of the new Lear 60XR and 15 of the new C605. Dissapointed, I am, that the new 60XR is without a wing and gear change. Hoping, I was, that they would put the new wing on the bird for more speed up top. Oh well. . .

Broke Spoke

Any idea if these will be additive or if they will replace existing aircraft? I imagine that some of the Lear 60s are pretty old by now. Would this order require a big increase in hiring?

Good Question . . .

Don't rightly know the correct answer to that one. Although I will say that our owners that have had some time in the 300 for example, have decided to hang on to their 60 shares, so i've heard. I expect these new birds to satisfy both: additions and replacements. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:
Ronnie's right for once

Flex prides itself in keeping us in the dark. All we hear is about these delivery number. We never hear the overall numbers.
Sure it sounds great to get 15 of this and 15 of that. Bottom line we are only at plus 1 aircraft this year.
:cool:

Anybody out there have some real numbers? Cause we just don't know.

Latest resources

Back