FlexJet and the CL300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Ho

Still hiring? If so, will they take somebody with the bare 2500TT, but with good bit of jet and multi time?

Also, I was looking at a cockpit picture of the Challenger 300. If I saw correctly, there is no overhead panel... ??? Is the plane THAT automatic? I thought the EMB170 was pretty automatic....

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's true. No Overhead panel. As far as getting hired with under 2500 hrs? It's possible, but I think to get the interview you may need more because we have so many people applying with more time. Now if you now someone who will walk in your resume you may have a better chance. Don't give up!

The challenger 300 is the sexiest thing in the sky these days. What a beatifull machine, and it gets the job done.

Still hiring? If so, will they take somebody with the bare 2500TT, but with good bit of jet and multi time?

Also, I was looking at a cockpit picture of the Challenger 300. If I saw correctly, there is no overhead panel... ??? Is the plane THAT automatic? I thought the EMB170 was pretty automatic....

Thanks in advance.

My suggestion, get some more E170 time if possible. I understand there is a lot of uncertainty/anxiety in the regionals right now. That said, get some solid glass time in the E170 and roughly 1,000 hours on it and you should be in decent shape for the fractionals. I hear a lot of very well qualified airliner types are leaving the "uncertain" airline biz for the fractionals right now - you have some steep competition. Doesn't hurt to apply to Flex and Netjets but just don't expect anything in the short term - keep refreshing your resume and build hours.

Good luck.

I'm one of those former airline guys looking to get out of the pax end of it into the fracs, corp or cargo side. I've had no calls, so it's all in the who you know.

I'm one of those former airline guys looking to get out of the pax end of it into the fracs, corp or cargo side. I've had no calls, so it's all in the who you know.

I hear you. Persistence counts. Networking counts. I got furloughed from UAL right after 9/11 with hundreds if not thousands of pilots. I knocked on many doors and sent out many resumes and got lucky. It happens. You just need to force yourself to go out and network - and be humble about your experience.

As I understand it, Flex is trying to fill the TEB base. You might get a quick call if you move up there...

Latest resources

Back