Flexjet and Challenger 300 Introduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I understand that the Challenger 300 has started flying for Flexjet. Any Flexjet pilots out there flying it? Any initial impressions (rated or not rated)?

I read that Flexjet has sold the equivalent of 18-19 Challenger 300s - will this create any new pilot opportunities or are pilots being reshuffled from other fleet types?

The 300 has been touted as a fantastic performer by both pilots and passengers. The passnegers can not say enough good about the plane. The first 20 have been sold. We now have 4. FlexJet has been hiring although in small numbers. With an increase in hiring to start sometime in the summer.

Will pilots be hired directly into the 300? Are most Flex pilots who are flying it now coming from the Lear 60?

Most of the pilots flying it now came from the 604, I'm told. The small but rapidly expanding fleet is staffed with only captains. After some growth, the right seat will be filled with current Flex first officers. No more hiring into the senior aircraft, at least that's what we're being told.

Side note, 7 day rotations are history at Flex. Talk about a quality of life increase. Now we just need to knock out those 6 and 5 day trips and work 4/3's! :)

Can/do the Flexjet 300s fly to Hawaii or Europe? What is the maximum range considering 3-4 passengers and baggage? Also, is it staffed with an FA?

From a performance standpoint, is the 300 a step down from the 604? If that is the case, why would a 604 pilot want to fly a 300 (besides the fact that the flightdeck is more advanced with the HUGE screens, etc.)?

Latest resources

Back