Flexjet Airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

initialcfi

I was offered either the Lear 60 or the 45 and I don't know which one to take. The 60 class starts in two weeks and the 45 starts in three. Any suggestions from any other Flex or Lear pilots? Thanks.

Seniority is everything, I'd take the next class. As small as we are even a few numbers may translate to months of waiting for upgrade down the road. If you had a choice between the Lear and the Challenger that would be different. I don't know about the seats in the 60, but after about 45min in the 45 it feels like you're sitting on a concrete bench. The 60's are also getting the Proline 21 which looks pretty impressive.

Go with the 60. Its the first class and alot of fun to fly. Besides you may upgrade into the 45 so then you will get both types. Plus you can somewhat stand up in the 60.

It has always been my opinion that the pilot group in the 60 is definitely not like the pilot group in the 45. That does not apply too every 60 pilot but does apply too the majority. It seems the personalities in the 45 are better. Every fleet seems too have there own identity regarding the pilot group. But again that is my opinion and I would definitely keep asking around, regardless of your fleet overall Flexjet is a standup organization and congratulations on your new job.

Something Vixen said is worth its weight in gold though... depending on your height you can pretty much standup in the 60.

Seniority is everything, I'd take the next class. As small as we are even a few numbers may translate to months of waiting for upgrade down the road. If you had a choice between the Lear and the Challenger that would be different. I don't know about the seats in the 60, but after about 45min in the 45 it feels like you're sitting on a concrete bench. The 60's are also getting the Proline 21 which looks pretty impressive.
I couldn't agree more! Take the number because they will hire 70 by the end of '07. So get as many numbers below you as possible.

It has always been my opinion that the pilot group in the 60 is definitely not like the pilot group in the 45. That does not apply too every 60 pilot but does apply too the majority. It seems the personalities in the 45 are better. Every fleet seems too have there own identity regarding the pilot group. But again that is my opinion and I would definitely keep asking around, regardless of your fleet overall Flexjet is a standup organization and congratulations on your new job.

Something Vixen said is worth its weight in gold though... depending on your height you can pretty much standup in the 60.

well, I'm in the 60. You MAY have been right a while ago, but there has been so much movement in the captain seat that most of the guys I flew with a year ago are in the challenger now. Lots of new captains. I'm sure there is one or two guys in every fleet that most FOs dont look forward to flying with.

the 60 is a fun airplane and has a bit more room than the 45. take the 60

I fly the 45. If given the choice, I would have chosen the 60. I like the 45, but the 60 is roomier, climbs faster and has a new avionics suite that comes with the 60XR which we are taking delivery of.

I fly the 45. If given the choice, I would have chosen the 60. I like the 45, but the 60 is roomier, climbs faster and has a new avionics suite that comes with the 60XR which we are taking delivery of.

Will the current L60 pilots be cross-trained in the L60XR and fly both simultaneously or will that be a separate pilot group (like the Hawker 800XP and 800XP-C pilots at Netjets)? When are the first L60XRs expected to arrive?

Pilots will be cross-trained in the XR since it is only a differences airplane. We are expecting the first XR in December 2006. Oh wait, that has already passed :rolleyes:

Seriously though, we should see delivery here real soon. Just working out the final kinks and we will take delivery of 2 within days/weeks of each other.

Will the current L60 pilots be cross-trained in the L60XR and fly both simultaneously or will that be a separate pilot group (like the Hawker 800XP and 800XP-C pilots at Netjets)? When are the first L60XRs expected to arrive?

well, I'm in the 60. You MAY have been right a while ago, but there has been so much movement in the captain seat that most of the guys I flew with a year ago are in the challenger now. Lots of new captains. I'm sure there is one or two guys in every fleet that most FOs dont look forward to flying with.

the 60 is a fun airplane and has a bit more room than the 45. take the 60
They were telling new hires 4 year upgrades but that has changed to about 2 years and probably will be less by the end of the year. We are currently short 11 captains in the 45 fleet. As of monday August 20th We had 6 LR 45 captains go to CL 300 upgrade training either way upgrades are coming fast! each fleet does kind of have their own identity. Either way if you get a Lear thats good you will upgrade into a Lear so it will make it that much easier later.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back