• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Aims Higher with ?Red Label? - AIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pricing I have been told is: Red Label = High acquisition but lower hourly cost due to the warranty; standard FJ = lower buy in because they are used A/C but higher hourly cost.

Sounds like a wash in the end then doesn't it?

Fact is planes break, even new ones. As an owner the issue I'd have with Red Label is paying extra money to fly "my plane" and then having very little to no control over my options when "my plane" isn't available.

I also would worry about the potential pitfalls of dedicated crewing. In a fractional model I have no say in who my crew is or what else is going on in their work day, i.e. hours, hotel quality etc...

The owner who is truly interested in the "selling features" of Red Label really is not meant to be a fractional customer. They'd be much better off on all fronts, including financial, to just dive into single or partnered ownership.

Now if Kenn wanted to start a completely separate company that did managed care for single or partnered owners I'd be all for it but he is going to drag our company down and devalue the benefits of fractional in his efforts.

Seriously, who is this jackwagon Bero? Does no one see the huge downside in comparing the meat and potatoes of your operations to Uber just to sell a few Red Label shares?

Sounds like a wash in the end then doesn't it?

Fact is planes break, even new ones. As an owner the issue I'd have with Red Label is paying extra money to fly "my plane" and then having very little to no control over my options when "my plane" isn't available.

Not saying Red label is good or bad, but you say you work at Flexjet, so then get your facts straight.

An owner doesn't fly on their airplane exclusively. Only the capts are dedicated on the airplane. The owners fly on any airplane just like they do now.

It's my understanding that a Red Label owner is not going to be tossed onto a regular Flex airplane, but be guaranteed a Red Label airplane. There are vastly fewer of those, so the distinction you are making is not different from what imissmypilot posted.

It's my understanding that a Red Label owner is not going to be tossed onto a regular Flex airplane, but be guaranteed a Red Label airplane. There are vastly fewer of those, so the distinction you are making is not different from what imissmypilot posted.

You are correct. I didn't think about how small those fleets are right now. But they will get bigger (that is where all the new planes are going) and it won't be as much of an issue then. But in the mean time, I wonder what a Red label owner will say when a traditional (older) fractional plane shows up to fly them.

I was told a few months back but the sales team (but not sure it will remain), that on owner will mainly fly on his/her aircraft. I just don't see how that happens regularly or cost efficiently when I want to fly TEB-ACK and my tail is in VNY.

And the "warranty savings" is not much. Whenever a NJ aircraft (or even a FO aircraft) has gone off warranty we are talking about an increase of a few hundred $ per month. Nothing material.

Quite frankly, as some of you have eluded to over the years, fractional has become the "black car service" of the skies. And like black cars, some services use friendlier drivers, newer cars, and/or nicer service. Others are solely low cost operators. If I want my own car, with my favorite interior, not used much, I own my own.

Not saying Red label is good or bad, but you say you work at Flexjet, so then get your facts straight.

An owner doesn't fly on their airplane exclusively. Only the capts are dedicated on the airplane. The owners fly on any airplane just like they do now.

Exactly DOH, thank you. Everything put out says they are guaranteed a red label plane and, whenever possible, their own tail number.

Or japhy do you not understand the implied promises in promoting dedicated crews that will know and cater to the clientele? Or specialized interiors based on customer choices. If pilots and specialized "bespoking" are tied to a tail number, then owners will essentially be too...

I'll wait your brain to catch up to realizing the enormous implications of what it will do to Flexjet's image when we can not possibly carry through on these ridiculous promises, especially after we have trashed traditional fractional as being the Uber car of the skies.

BTW -- I don't know what some of you mean buy that extra "Flexjet" service (even before Red Label). I flew a decent amount on FJ form 2008-2011 and it was not noticeably different from NJ.

Exactly DOH, thank you. Everything put out says they are guaranteed a red label plane and, whenever possible, their own tail number.

Or japhy do you not understand the implied promises in promoting dedicated crews that will know and cater to the clientele? Or specialized interiors based on customer choices. If pilots and specialized "bespoking" are tied to a tail number, then owners will essentially be too...

I'll wait your brain to catch up to realizing the enormous implications of what it will do to Flexjet's image when we can not possibly carry through on these ridiculous promises, especially after we have trashed traditional fractional as being the Uber car of the skies.

If you or anybody else think Flexjet's image is anything what is was then you need to wake up. We are Flight Options now. The only thing left is the logo.

Even if the red label fleet grows, deadhead must increase. By definition, you are shrinking what was once one fleet into two smaller fleets.

If you or anybody else think Flexjet's image is anything what is was then you need to wake up. We are Flight Options now. The only thing left is the logo.

Unfortunately you are spot on. A few months ago we had a decision to make.

Without getting into all the details, resumes are out. A few contract jobs have landed good leads. Hoping to get ahead of the curve of the projected mass exodus. It looks like it's finally panning out.

I know for a fact we are far from the only ones. I hear even some of the POC are hunting and a couple have quietly interviewed for the Global/Gulf Stream and Red Label. If that's not a sign of the times I don't know what is.

Good luck Flexjet. I doubt anyone cares anymore.

Latest resources

Back