Flex or Air Tran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummmmm
if we are talking NETJETS, go to NETJETS. IF we are talking about ANY OTHER FRACTIONAL, go to AIRTRAN !

Like I said, NO BRAINER, for those that can actually READ !

Oil at record high prices adjusted for inflation

Iran close to getting a nuke

Airlines staying very competitive on domestic routes where Airtran flies.

More war and terror attacks on the horizon

Go to a fractional.

Seriously, I don't work for FJ so I can't speak for them in particular, but I'm a former 121 guy. I'm really enjoying the fractional I work for. I originally had planned to go to Airtran or Delta one day, but now I have plans to leave anytime soon.

I would go to Air Tran over Flex.

I left 121 to come to NetJets and specifically turned down Flex after listening to the Chief Pilot try to explain how they were better than NetJets during 1/2 of the interview.

Go to Flex and be a Non Union F/O for the next decade.

Go to Flex and be a Non Union F/O for the next decade.

Sorry, actually you will be a Non Union F/O for about 20 months. Then a Non Union Learjet Captain.

Go to NJA and be a Union F/O for the next decade, maybe longer, on a Beechjet, Ultra, or Excel.

Funny, at my interview at Flex this week there were Airtran drivers there, one I know of got the job, so did I.

On the road I meet many Ex - 121 drivers flying for NJA, and they are much happier on this side of the fence (but I do admit they all said they wanted to get back into corporate flying after realizing they made a mistake going to the 121 world)

The guy I currently fly corporate with was also a ex Airtran FO, he lasted 2 years before coming back to corporate flying.

121 vs 91k is a pure personal decision I think, based on what you like to fly, where you like to fly, who you like to fly, and of course when you want to fly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back