Flex FYI!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Art,
You need to reread Pilot's Wife's post. she didn't say that she is my wife, but that I know her husband.

No I did not work in the training center, and don't assume that everyone that works there is a "whore".

There are good and bad at the training center and over in Richardson, just like there is on the line.

Just wanted everyone to know that to most of the guys I know it's not as bad as some people paint it to be.

I enjoyed it while I was there, but I also got another gig that believed would be better for me. The company I work for now is great, but even its not for everyone.

Art,

Every Flexjet pilot I have worked with on the 45 in the training center was professional, courtesy, knowledgeable, and cared how we performed while there. You on the other hand are a bigoted arse with your off base, clump everyone in the same catergory, whore comments. Nice show of comradery and professionalism.

Art's anger and frustration is the result of underpaying pilots. This penny-wise/pound-foolish practice produces bad morale which leads to inefficiency and greater training costs due to the high turn over rate. I don't condone the language but I do agree with the essential message that there are unaddressed issues which need to be fixed . A fair contract with professional compensation would go far in solving the labor-management problems. Send in your cards and insist on being an active participant in the decision-making process. Best of Luck! NJW

DamnIT NJW beat me to the punch...again.

Yes, it seems Art is angry and frustrated, just like the many of us here.

If you were offended, go to the kiddy sight down the road. Recess is in 10 minutes. Or, just grow some thicker skin.

I may not agree with it, but he's not the only one spewin' out this Training Whore mentallity... I think he is miss informed or not in my fleet. The vast majority of the folks in the training center avoid the upper brass like the plague. We have a Super group out there. But, there are a few out there who do fit his profile.

As line pilots, we feel detached from everything in Dallas when we're on the road. On top of that, the office breeds this us against them mentality. (very powerful union busting tactic).

Let's take a step back, and take a deep breath. (Yes, I stoled that from the BB)

Let's get back on point.
PAY...DUTY...REST...CREW BASES....POLICY CHANGE WITHOUT PILOT INPUT...JOB PROTECTION...

Just send in the flippin' card.

NM, the more the merrier, I say! :) There are several examples of human nature in Art's post. It's easy to see how the "rotten apples" can spoil the whole bunch for some people. That, too, is tied to low morale. It's easier to keep from getting frustrated (w/the few jerks) when you're not run down physically and/or burned out emotionally. Both of those negative states are common among any labor force that is underpaid/overworked.

Those pilots currently satisfied with their job situation at Flex would be well advised to consider the future. There is nothing to stop the company, in the months ahead, from putting in place a policy that you do object to. At that point, it may be more difficult to rally the troops. Can you not do the right thing now and allow the pilots to vote on their future? Surely you don't find the low wages acceptable compensation for your professional fellow pilots? :confused:

Ok, maybe I was venting the other day but I do feel strongly about what I said. It's just frustrating to fly with 67 year old captains that could give a rats a$$ about union etc... I almost think thats why they hire ex airline retirees.

My thoughts run along those lines, too. I think they hire those guys because they can count on them having another source of income to supplement the pathetic FO wages. They figure they'll be less likely to complain than others who expect to be able to support a family on one job. A professional one , at that! :mad:

A few words to those who haven't yet turned in their cards---

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=140595715&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

No that wasn't me, but I know who did. That was a classic.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back