First Year Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynryan15

I am wondering if some of you new hires at various regionals can tell me what your first year pay comes out to take home each month? Just trying to figure out how many nights a month I am going to have to wait tables to be able to survive? Thanks for the help

First year at Comair... My 1st of the month check is about $700 net after uniform, medical, flexible spending, and everything else is taken out. My 15th paycheck has been averaging about $1800.00 after all those deductions. I've been working my tail off and per diem is included in the 15th check.

In 6 months, my check will increase about 60%.

flynryan15 said:
I am wondering if some of you new hires at various regionals can tell me what your first year pay comes out to take home each month? Just trying to figure out how many nights a month I am going to have to wait tables to be able to survive? Thanks for the help
First, you should not consider per diem as pay. It's not. It's money to help cover the added expenses of being on the road.

I'm a first reserve F/O at Eagle. I gross about $750 per two-week check and net around $625 after taxes and insurance. It's really pathetic but it goes up about 40% year 2.

IHF

chperplt said:
First year at Comair... My 1st of the month check is about $700 net after uniform, medical, flexible spending, and everything else is taken out. My 15th paycheck has been averaging about $1800.00 after all those deductions. I've been working my tail off and per diem is included in the 15th check.

You make more 1st year than I do 3rd year at ASA.

And our President is telling us we as a company need to pull together now that Delta is restructuring. That would be a pretty tall order in it's own right, but considering how our negotiations are going, well, all I can say is, don't hold your breath Skip.

And to answer the original question, my pay came out to roughly $1300-$1400 monthly after deductions.

I should have added that I live in NV and don't pay state tax.. That makes a difference!

As far a not counting per diem as pay, I disagree somewhat. Spending money on food is a cost of living regardless of what type of job you're in. If I bring in $42 per work day in per diem, and can limit my spending to $15 per day, then I've increased my earnings by $27 per day. Multiply that by 16-18 work days per month, and you have 4 to 5 hundred bucks a month in added pay.

Thanks for the responses so far. Could anyone from Coex, Skyway, Chq, Skywest, Commute Air, Horizon and anyothers please post their pay.
Any info helps

first year pay at brown----26.67/hour

75 hour guar.
13 periods x 75 = 975

975 x 26.67= 26,003.25

credit card debt---priceless!

chperplt said:

I'm in year 3 at ExpressJet and barely make this much....geez I wish I had gone to Comair!!!!

What is brown

flynryan15 said:
What is brown
Where I'm green (with envy) to be.

UPS

And Commutair pays $16/hour for the first 3 months, $18/hour after that, with $1/hour more each year after that. I trust you can do the math. If memory serves my weekly check was in the $260 range without per diem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back