• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First PSA CRJ -- news story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight attendants Jane Hutchison and Jennifer Ankrom, both from Akron, took digital pictures of the cockpit and the bathroom.

Did they also take pictures of the extra 18 seats that they will now have to serve when they are full of people. I dont know the FA contract and dont want to sound like I do, but now having to serve 150% as many people as before doesent sound like a deal. Yea it wont be as nosie, but what is their over all feeling of all the extra people

I have heard that PSA is going thru the list of furloghed US Airways pilots and after they have exhausted the list they will be going to the street. I do not know how many have been called already.

Avrat

I heard that they went down to number 600 to fill the FO seats so far. Once they have gone down the list, they have to go back up the list and then we can hire off the street. PDT and AGL pilots will have preferential hiring, when we do hire.

Today they started calling pilots to fill the November classes (J4J), they have gone at least as far as #1087 on the furlough list to fill FO vacancies....possibly further.

Pilots can, however, preference "Captain only", and therefore be called only when a captain slot opens at their seniority. I have not heard how far down the list they have gone for those positions. I know that prior to today, they had gone to #352.

Don't kid yourself

jegermeister said:
ALPA is not any better. They may never have publicly endorsed J4J, but they certainly did nothing to stop it.

ALPA engineered it.

I recently finished training at PSA as a J4J guy and enjoyed working with the original PSA guys very much. They are a sharp bunch of guys and I look forward to working with all of them. I can't blame anyone for being bitter about the J4J program, but I have been looking for a flying job for over a year and if you are not current and FlightSafety or Simuflite qualified on the potential employers equipment, you are out of luck. The reality of this mess we are all in is that I am fortunate to have this opportunity to keep flying and hopefully further a career I have been working at for over 24 years. Do what you gotta do to pay the bills.

PSA Jets????

Did they take concessions? Pay cuts? Did they "Lower the bar?" Did they refuse to fly them if they did? Did they walk over the ALG/PDT guys? What the story? Come on guys, what the scoop! Did they threaten you with liqudation if ya didn't?

Latest resources

Back