First Officer Programs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bigdaddymike said:
The guy (check6) is probably in his 20's he does'nt know what a cab is.
I don't even know the true definintion of a scab!

A cab is a yellow car that brings you home after a few beers. However, you will have to pay for the cab.. So, that makes you a PFC (pay for cab) tool?

Regards,
A guy in his 20's that knows what a SCAB and a CAB is.

wheelsup said:
They will if NO ONE does them, or if companies can't get anyone to apply for a seat that is required by law (FAR's) to be occupied.

You weren't putting someone else out of work by doing that - interns don't replace full time workers.

If you pay to occupy a seat (a la gulfstream academy) that would normally go to a paid pilot, that's when people get upset. Some people get upset with people paying to occupy a seat for which they aren't required to be there because it allows those companies to underbid other, more upstanding companies.

Since we're really only dealing with ethics and morals here, and it appears you have none and would rather pay for a shot at a job instead of earning it, the opinions are all subjective (with the exception of the monetary issue, as another issue highlighted).

~wheelsup

Dude Quit bustin' this guys nuts!!!! He is coming to this site for ADVICE not a story on the state to the industry. It would be better to post the links you are talking about and stop being a dck!!!! The guy is obviously new to this site so he has NO IDEA what he just started here!!!!

Now if he is just being a "funny guy" trying to start some sht then let the busting begin!!!!!

To those who have seen it fit to call me a "whore" , well, perhaps you should know one or two facts. I have sold my home with a view of training to achieve my dream (noone's paying for me).
Lemme get this straight ... you have a third class medical, a PPL, and you are about to get married, but you just sold your house?! :eek:

Son, you got much bigger problems than what any of these yahoos think about PFT. :D

Minh

wheelsup said:
moxie

perhaps we should be asking you about Tony And Bob express? hmmm....you seem to know a lot about them in previous posts, a lot about deland airport, and if that avatar is yours, it sure looks like a tab '90 to me...

Looks like you've seen the light and bolted outta there though, good on ya. Were you involved in the lawsuits at all?

~wheelsup

Wheels,

I'm real interested in what lawsuits you refer too, you been getting my PM's? Please get back to me either way.

sorenk said:
Thanks for good advise. I am planning to visit FlightSafety this weekend.

Thanks for visiting FlightSafety, but don't forget to log out of the computers that you use. Not everybody is as nice as me!

;)

I cant imagine someone not knowing what a scab is, it was taught to me in public grade school in nyc. Some that crosses a picket line(taking union work during a strike). Maybe because there are a ton of unions in nyc? i dont know?, anyway if you are a scab, you are a scab and if you are pft, you are pft, not neceassarily both, although it could happen.

Lightheart ,

the fact is that if you go to a place like Gulfstream and do their FO program you will get a job, if thats all you care about is having a place to work then go and do it, i havent heard of anybody being denied a job because they did the FO program, and the hiring figueres posted on their website are correct, almost everyone i know that went there is either flying an RJ or a turboprop somewhere and they are happy. What i would recommend is that you try and exit a program like this with over 600TT, then a world of options will open up to you. Being an instructor or banner towing is not for everyone, its alot of work and you live like a rat on $10 per hour. Do whats best for yourself.

Why not just go to a place where you can get your ratings at an accelerated pace like ATP. 90 days and your a CFI where you can then start to earn a job in the industry.........

Latest resources

Back