Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

helichic27

Any and all help I can get...
I have my first interview this Thursday with Mesaba. I have been reading online, studying ATP, prepping with sample interview questions. Anything else?

Also, I resigned from an instructing job due to a problem with the boss (conflicting ideas on training-he wanted me to have my students fly way over the minimums to make more money for him, which I would not do if the student did not require it). My former employer has tried to make some problems for me with other companies in town, to no avail. How should I answer the question about 'trouble with a boss'?

And does anyone have any insight into current interviews at Mesaba?

Thanks so much!

Just be honest about the conflict with your boss, explain the situation and how you attempted to resolve it. We all have worked for aholes and nobody can fault you if you quit because you and he didn't see eye-to-eye. You've got a story to tell and that is what the HR portion of the interview is all about. Just don't start swearing or freaking out about it.

Thanks for the advice, I was sweating that part. I don't want that to be the make or break item for me!

Any other interview info?!

Study the white plains HPN approaches!
Be confident with the 6 pack..not with A 6 pack!
They will ask you a lot of questions so relax, think about the answer, and then shoot. A lot of situation questions. Tell me a time when..and yes you will most likely get the one about confrontations with a co-worker. Just tell them you stuck a #2 pencil in the neck of your boss and then they will go on to the next question!
Know the systems of your most recent aircraft. Have all documents prepared in accordance with the materials that they sent you.
The sim was a "portable sim" used previously by the 10 day instrument courses where the instructor comes to your house. No kidding. If you have been practicing on the PCAD of MS sim...then you will do OK. Track a radial, hold, steep turns, the instrument basick.
Written is basic IFR stuff, and ATP questions.

Good Luck
if you have a chance go to www.aviationinterviews.com

Last edited:
Just be honest about the conflict with your boss, explain the situation and how you attempted to resolve it. We all have worked for aholes and nobody can fault you if you quit because you and he didn't see eye-to-eye. You've got a story to tell and that is what the HR portion of the interview is all about. Just don't start swearing or freaking out about it.

Yes he does have a story to tell, and that is the basic part of the HR. Can I reasonably sit in the plane with this dude for the bext 4 days without wanting to hang myself when I get back to the hotel?

When they ask you a question, Tell the answer like a story. Make it interesting, but watch the humor.

Latest resources

Back