• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First day back in a while, maybe I'll do this. Right past the VPs window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably some buzzkiller in the tower that dropped the dime to the local FSDO.

There is one in every crowd.

Last edited:
I do not mean to be an a$$ because normally stuff like this looks pretty cool and downright entertaining. However, 14 CFR Part 91.13 states that: (a) Aircraft operations for the purpose of air navigation. No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another. (b) Aircraft operations other than for the purpose of air navigation. No person may operate an aircraft, other than for the purpose of air navigation, on any part of the surface of an airport used by aircraft for air commerce (including areas used by those aircraft for receiving or discharging persons or cargo), in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.

This feckless display is the archetype of a FAR 91.13 violation. The FAA should not only take action against the pilot of the Extra 300, a MONOPLANE by the way, but also the tower supervisor and the controller(s) that authorized such a dangerous stunt to be performed.
I don't care if it was the president of the united states or the administrator of the FAA flying the offending aircraft. Just because you are a member of a major sponsored aerobatic team it still doesn't give you license to such unmindful actions. What if LLWS or a mechanical failure had caused the aircraft to impact the tower? Think of the fallout caused by the loss of the primary control center for the Oakland airport. There would have been numerous casualties and/or fatalities, millions of dollars of damage, cancelled flights, a (temporarily) closed airport, and not to mention further sanctions against honest pilots across the country. It is dangerous show boaters like this that give the rest of the professional pilots out there, including myself, a poor image in the eyes of the public.

Latest resources

Back