Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

legendskid_44

Need a job
Tomorrow my first day at my first charter job. Did anyone else have butterfly's in there stomach? i'm just throwing the gear lever in this E90 but still its my first charter job. any advice from any one?

Just remember, it's all about the customer. Safety first, but do whatever you can to ensure the passengers are happy and they'll love you. Your Captain will teach you the tricks of the trade. Have fun, and congrats! The King Air's a fun airplane. :)

I got this advice before my first charter flight: "Don't touch anything that is red or has dust on it."

Do NOT sit there and think you're just there to "throw the gear lever". You are there as a crew member, and you need to realize that a lot of things are in your hands as well as the PIC's. I don't know who you're flying with but you may very well realize you have a captain that flies like a cowboy, ignore's a lot of rules, or has much different views of what's safe than you do. If you run into one of these guys you cannot let them jeoprodize you and your passengers' safety, or your ticket. There will be times when you will have to draw a line in the sand and stand your ground. Those are the tough times, and not a situation any of us should have to deal with, but it could happen. Stand firm when you need to, and operate as you know you should. If your boss' doesn't then you'll be looking for another job, but at least you'll still be around. There are still a lot of those single pilot mindset crusty old corporate/charter pilots out there, and they are a danger to everyone. Hope your's isn't one of them, but if he is be ready for it. First and foremost though, do not view yourself as anything less than the qualified crewmember that you are, and act appropriately.

Don't let 'em kill ya.

Don't let 'em violate himself.

Smile. Let 'em eat first.

You'll be fine.

Absorb as much knowledge as you can from this job. Work hard and get your time built up as quickly as you can.

Before you know it, it'll be the night before your first trip with a pt 91 flight department. You'll again have those butterflies in your stomach...

The first time I sat right seat for a baron charter op (not legally needed just warmed the seat for $$), the captain wouldn't even speak to me let alone allow me to touch anything. :( As I was kind of a good commercial student, I felt bad that I wasn't allowed to assist in the flight. This was on the reposition too, not one of the 135 legs. At least I got to play charter pilot as a commercial student. :D

Tomorrow my first day at my first charter job. Did anyone else have butterfly's in there stomach? i'm just throwing the gear lever in this E90 but still its my first charter job. any advice from any one?

So, how'd you do Junior?;) Getting nervous not hearing from ya!

I did well, kingair 200 is a nice jump from the C172!!! the captain showed me all the ropes and talked me through everything.

thanks everyone for all the advice

Latest resources

Back