First 121 Job. How much did you Study?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Propsfullfwd

I was just wanting to know how much everyone studied a night when you were in training for the first time for a 121 carrier.​
None, 0 to 1 hour, 1 to 2 hours, 2 to 3 hours, 3 to 4, hours or 4 plus hours a night? If you would just let me know.​
Props​

Propsfullfwd said:
I was just wanting to know how much everyone studied a night when you were in training for the first time for a 121 carrier.​

None, 0 to 1 hour, 1 to 2 hours, 2 to 3 hours, 3 to 4, hours or 4 plus hours a night? If you would just let me know.​

Props​
0 to 1 hour.

Propsfullfwd said:
I was just wanting to know how much everyone studied a night when you were in training for the first time for a 121 carrier. None, 0 to 1 hour, 1 to 2 hours, 2 to 3 hours, 3 to 4, hours or 4 plus hours a night? If you would just let me know. Props​
I was in the books nearly every waking moment with the exception of maybe 3-4 hours over an entire weekend. At Eagle, your travel privileges start on day one so I thought I'd be flying home each weekend. Ha! The training was way too intense to waste a weekend at home. Others seemed to study less and did just fine but I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

IHF

4 +

hmmmmmm that wasn't long enough, says I need at least 5 characters.

OK, now maybe it's long enough...

:)

1 to 2 the first time. 0 the second.

It all depends on what works for you based on experience. I'm gonna say 0-5 hours depending on the day and how you like to study (and what type of test you're studying for; written, oral, or check ride). Are you a crammer or do you like to feel ready a week in advance? You have to take at least 24 hours off in any given week or it will get to you eventually. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back