• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fired From Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the APA as an independent union has more teeth than any ALPA carrier. The resolve of the members make the union not the boys in Herndon.

Yep, they were quick to make concessions after 9-11. I can't remember when they negotiated an industry leading contract.

I do agree that the resolve of the members make the union, but a strong union also needs a strategic plan, resources and a voice when legislation affecting the membership is considered.

I think we should look into and consider ALPA at AirTran. At least hopefully we would not be screwed as bad if we were bought by another ALPA represented airline?

Amen.

If someone a little more well-known had run on an ALPA platform, it might have been a lot closer of an election...

There's a lot of people who are anxious for a little more "structure" from their Association. I'm hoping MB will help bring that to fruition...

I think the APA as an independent union has more teeth than any ALPA carrier. The resolve of the members make the union not the boys in Herndon.

Bark and no bite....

The APA? Left ALPA in the 1950's over egos.

Won't come back to ALPA because of egos.

Does the common APA pilot have representation on Capitol Hill? Well...sort of... thru CAPA. But thier effectiveness is diluted if not nil.

Every single ALPA pilot is represented on CapHill.

Does the APA have permanent oberver status at ICAO, the avaition unit of The United Nations? No. However, every ALPA member is represented at ICAO.

AMR flies international operations. Are the APA pilots connected to an international federation of Air Line Pilots? No. Every ALPA pilot is.... www.ifalpa.org

The criminalization of Air Line Pilots is on the rise. If you have an abort, air return, injury or death on your aircraft in a foreign country quite often the first people on your jet is the police and they will most likely retain your pilot certificate and/or passport. Every ALPA pilot has a local number to call in a foreign country. Who does the APA pilot call? Dallas?

Bark and no bite....

Does the common APA pilot have representation on Capitol Hill? Well...sort of... thru CAPA. But thier effectiveness is diluted if not nil.

Does the APA have permanent oberver status at ICAO, the avaition unit of The United Nations? No. However, every ALPA member is represented at ICAO.

AMR flies international operations. Are the APA pilots connected to an international federation of Air Line Pilots? No. Every ALPA pilot is.... www.ifalpa.org

The criminalization of Air Line Pilots is on the rise. If you have an abort, air return, injury or death on your aircraft in a foreign country quite often the first people on your jet is the police and they will most likely retain your pilot certificate and/or passport. Every ALPA pilot has a local number to call in a foreign country. Who does the APA pilot call? Dallas?

You forgot stickers, ALPA gives out great stickers.

Bark and no bite....

quote]
Great, we have people on capital hill misrepresenting the majority interests of its membership. APA definetly has more respect from its members, which in turn equals unity. ALPA is all over the place.

Great, we have people on capital hill misrepresenting the majority interests of its membership. APA definetly has more respect from its members, which in turn equals unity. ALPA is all over the place.

I take it you are an ALPA member....

What is ALPA doing that is misrepsresenting its pilots on CapHill....?

Why does the APA have more respect from its members?

What do you mean by ALPA is all over the place.

You forgot stickers, ALPA gives out great stickers.

After an event in a foreign country... there is a 36 hour window to get a pilot back to his/her home country before incarceration....

If you want to talk about stickers we can.... but I want to be a part of an International Association that can get me home to my family so I don't sit in a jail cell. I want to belong to a group that has a local number and 36 hour game plan. Not a Dallas area code.

Note I said.... his/her...

Imagine being a female Captain in China or the Mid East and having an event... the police enter your jet to revoke your license..... and see something that offends them..... a woman captain....

Who do you want to call? The APA or a local member organization of IFALPA?

www.ifalpa.org

After an event in a foreign country... there is a 36 hour window to get a pilot back to his/her home country before incarceration....

If you want to talk about stickers we can.... but I want to be a part of an International Association that can get me home to my family so I don't sit in a jail cell. I want to belong to a group that has a local number and 36 hour game plan. Not a Dallas area code.

Note I said.... his/her...

Imagine being a female Captain in China or the Mid East and having an event... the police enter your jet to revoke your license..... and see something that offends them..... a woman captain....

Who do you want to call? The APA or a local member organization of IFALPA?

www.ifalpa.org

Which ALPA airline do you fly for? Do you do alot of flying into China or the Middle East? You understand that other countries have different laws than the USA and if you break them the State Department, ALPA, IFALPA, NASA or anyone else might not be able to help you. Most pilot contracts have a provision from the company regarding this kind of situation but I'm glad you have a number to call.

Latest resources

Back