Firc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Latko

This question is for anyone who has taken the Gleim flight instructor refresher course. This may sound like a stupid question but I want to make absolutely sure.
The instructions state to mail your notarized official identification document, your 8710-1 form, valid and current CFI certificate, and your affadavit and graduation certificate.
When they say your "valid and current CFI certificate", do they mean the original or just a copy? I assume its the copy because they tell you to make them but I want to make sure I'm sending them all of the proper documents.
I appreciate the help.

I didn't do gleim, but I did use a web based course for my last renewal. I printed out the completion certificate and took it to the local FSDO, where they issued my new temp certificate. It just seemed easier. (and faster).

I used the American Flyers course, which is nothing I could recommend to anyone. Is the gleim course decent?

I went through the process with Gleim last month. You need to send them the original of your flight instructor certificate. The photocopy of the front and back of your certificate is what you need to keep until you recieve your new temporary certificate.

Reference item #4 on the "Official Identification Document" that you have to print out and have notorized:

"A copy of this document and a copy of both front and
back of my CFI certificate will serve as evidence of my CFI
certificate until I receive a temporary CFI certificate from Gleim"

Latest resources

Back