• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finding 135 charter for sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's true the FAA has made it extremely difficult to get a 135 certificate by any means. However, the difficulty in getting a certificate has led many prospective 135 operators to find a way around the regulations. This is done either by ignoring Part 135 entirely or by adding their airplane and crew to someone else's 135 operation. The former carries big risks and is usually chosen only in desperation. However, the latter is now big business in the US, with dozens if not hundreds of certificate holders collecting fat fees for adding airplanes and crews from Part 91 operators to their 135 certificate. In these scams, the certificate holder exercises virtually no control and no supervision over the airplanes and crews. The FAA either hasn't caught on or chooses to ignore the issue.

Transpac -

I agree, however I think that it is likely that this will eventually catch up with them after some accident/incidents. At least I hope they get busted.

100 LL,
Hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic. There's been several accidents and a couple of fatalities that I know of. In one accident that I'm familar with there's no way the pilot training records reflect reality. But, as far as I can find out, no violation was ever filed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back