• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Financing Flight Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want to have my CFI by the end of 2006 but money is getting tight. What methods of financing have you guys found/used to fun training?

funding

soonerpilot625 said:
I want to have my CFI by the end of 2006 but money is getting tight. What methods of financing have you guys found/used to fun training?

Toss boxes at FedEx Ground part time.Line service at an FBO.Sallie Mae lending.

Sallie Mae is a great low-intrest loan that some flight schools offer, however not all offer this so I would check into that first. I've heard of Key Bank loans, but have never delt w/anyone from that org. I don't know if you are at an aviation university, but if you are there are usually many scholarships offered throughout the year. If all else fails try getting a loan from your local bank. Hope this helps some.

$

soonerpilot625 said:
Yeah... I work 50 hours a week as it is and stripping isn't an option. Thanks for the reply though. ;-)

Thats a good start.At least your working and trying to help with the cost by your own means instead of having mommy and daddy spoil you rotten.I enlisted in the Military for a few years shortly after high school and that helped somewhat,so you might want to consider that option.

Last edited:
Local bank worked for me. It also happened to be Key bank. I wouldn't go back to Key in the future though.

Latest resources

Back