• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finally made it to the big dance!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congradulations on the job. I remember how good I felt when I got the news. Have fun in Houston in September and get to know your class mates. You will be along side them for decades to come. My class got together a lot for beers/dinner etc. and still keep up today(a whopping 1 year 9 months). The training department does a great job and treats you like a professional.

IAHERJ

You also might wanna check out this website:
http://cobrainsurance.com/

LOL

Thanks however my wife has excellent insurance and that is what we will be using. More than 1 way around the system.

No they didn't say and I didn't ask. Just that the floodgates were about to open up and my hire date is the perfect time and I will spend minimal time on reserve if I get the 737 due to the high number of people coming on following us.

While I was waiting for the interview I had probably 20-30 pilots stop by to chat with me. They were all wishing me good luck and telling me not to worry and how much I will enjoy flying over here. Even the ones who said they were retiring told me how with all the ups and downs they have really enjoyed thier time at Cal.

Congrats to you!! Even though we're working our asses off, I have to admit I was really excited when I got hired too. Your first year will be very hard, but if you have a strong support team around you, you'll be fine. Welcome aboard.....

I think you are getting on at a great time, by next summer you will easily have a line and avoid the summer reserve flying. Honestly, it has been a rough summer for many CAL pilots. But I believe there is a lot of potential here.

the flying is great, the crews are excellent, and the equipment on the way is exciting. good luck and see ya on line.

You know, once upon a time, Flightinfo was an actual board about interviews....

So, As a service to all you should post up the answers to the following:
-Your Total Time and where you came from
-Any and All gouge on the interview/hiring process

Just an idea, while its still reasonably fresh in your mind.

You will enjoy it. Once I make my commute to EWR, I have enjoyed 99% of the people I have flown with. Congrats and we definitely need more pilots on-line. They were junior manning on the 737 like crazy last weekend.

Latest resources

Back