• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finally - Justification to Raise Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recently did the APLA survey (voted NO of course to any change in the age 60 policy) and one of the questions addressed "would I support restricting schedules for pilots over 60 to only to fly certain domestic trips".....more or less that was the question.

I answered heck NO to that! If someone wants to fly past 60, then they will fly any and all regular trips out there. Wether it's night hubs turns, red eye's, long haul international, day out and backs, morning out and backs, etc.......the ALPA tact was to try to make it "safer for all" by not allowing over 60 guys to fly the "demanding trips".

No scheduling restrictions, they fly what they can hold, no special scheduling parameters......

If these over 60 guys aren't healthy enough to fly any and all available scheduled trips, then maybe they're not healthy enough to fly at all past age 60.

Last edited:
Dude,

If the pilot is over 60 they're going to be the senior dog on the block. They'll get to fly the cream pairings anyway.

bucky

I disagree. We've hire a lot of retired military guys who are 45-50 (I had a 54 year old in my new hire class 5 years ago). Also, look at the furloughed guys coming onbaord (at FedEx) a lot are 40+ ........you know, like a dinosaur! ;)

Last edited:
klhoard--LMFAO! Man, I'm laughing so hard my chest hur

Klhoard;

Great post....I think I flew with this guy this week!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

I'm glad to see that some of you realized this was supposed to be a HUMOROUS thread.
Unless, of course, you are "Mr. Beeeg"

Heck, I figure that if I haven't paid things off, put some dough away, and spent myself (mentally, of course) by the time I am 60......I should be fired for not planning better.

I have been "placed" back into the corporate side of things in the past few years and it amazes me how many 60 yr old retired pilots are flying corporate and charter. The first thing I think is why in the heck would anyone do that. The next thing that comes to mind is that they are occupying a covetted seat in the corporate world (that being of a Gulfstream or Challenger, etc.) I personally know a few of these guys and they are all very nice guys. It just makes you wonder.......

so basically if one were to keep his dick in his pants he would walk away with his wallet intact??

sounds ALOT like life

Latest resources

Back