Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CFIIer

The Lt. Col. called me on Friday for a reserve unit out of March ARB, flying C-17s, and told me I was selected. I got my medical cleared and everything is good to go. I'm just wondering when I get to go to OTS? Anyone have any info on that. The board for all UPT boards meets in March, and so I'm hoping that I'll get to go in April. Anyone have any info on that?

Thanks

Congrats!!!

CFIIer,

I went before the March the board this year (2003) and went to OTS 5 months later. Expect an OTS slot anytime between July and December of next year. Also, the older you are, the sooner you will get your slot.

On another note, as soon as board results are released, go give your oath, even though you will not be starting class for a while. The reason you do this is for pay longevity. If you look at the pay charts, each year of service bumps your pay up a bit. So, the sooner you have two years in, the sooner you get an increase. (Of course, you do not start getting paid until you go active, but you will be accruing longevity in the meantime.)

Best of Luck!

Latest resources

Back