Finally good new at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nightrider

Monday they will release a vacancy bid that will contain 52 new captain, and FO slots. Finally things are turning around.

100% IPA
N

They basically gave us their plan for the next year. Including the aircraft deliveries and retirements of other aircraft.

We are getting 4 MD-11's and 8 A-300's.

Returning 2 747's on lease

Parking 6 727's

They are planning 1 more bid. Of course they never know what's going to happen so things will probably change.

Personally I think hiring next year is a 50-50 proposition.

Oh yeah, I will strike for a year to get leather jackets. It's much more important to feel cool than get an industry LEADING contract. After all, what could be cooler than a brown wearing night freight driver anyway? ;)

WG

Ties?

I wouldn't strike over the leather jacket (since we already have them) but I'd certainly consider it in order to get to wear some actual natural fiber type clothes and lose the friggin tie. What good is that thing, other than to catch on something and strangle you while your trying to egress. Whats wrong with some nice cotton pants and a dark cotton polo shirt so I don't have oil stains on my nice white dress shirt to worry about? Now that is something I would strike over! Imagine being comfortable while doing a preflight or on a long flight. Hmmm. How to get ahold of my union rep?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back